THIRTY-NINE

A few days later, Carla was in the studio practicing the Ripper dance again. No matter how many times she dances it, she'll never enjoy it.

"Is it true?" Her cousin suddenly comes in, clearly angry at something.

"You're gonna need to be a little bit more specific Zach."

"You were with Oren the night of Cassie's accident." Carla didn't say anything which gave him the answer. "Carla!"

"I'm sorry, okay. I know it was wrong of me to do it but I don't know that night we were dancing and drinking and it felt like it was bound to happen."

"Just because he acts nice for one night does not mean anything Carla. Do I need to fucking remind you what he did to you for you to understand he's a bad guy. He cheated on you and what's not to say he'll do it again."

"We're not even together Zach."

"Doesn't matter. I tried to contain myself with this matter. I didn't take action like you told me too. I did everything you asked. I never once showed him how angry I was with him so tell me Carla how the hell am I supposed to react right now."

Carla rolled her eyes. "You're being dramatic."

"To hell I am."

"I don't need a lecture right now okay Zach. I already heard it from Shane."

"Shane knew?" Zach yelled.

"I didn't tell him he just sort of found out."

"How did he sort of find out?"

"Will you stop yelling at me for just one sec? It was one drunken, stupid mistake that I wish never happened because then I wouldn't be having these feelings for him again. If that night didn't happen maybe just maybe Cassie wouldn't have fallen or I wouldn't love a guy who cheated on me."

Zach knew he shouldn't have yelled at her, but he couldn't help it. He was there for her through that nasty break up and for her to let Oren back into her life after everything, really pissed him off. He needed to do something about it. "He always does this. Is in a great relationship but fucks it up because he can't keep his dick loyal. Fuck how could I ever consider him a best friend, a brother when he did all that shit to you. It's his fault. It's his fault you're stuck in the middle and imma show him a piece of my mind." Zach said, walking out.

"Zach!" Carla yelled after his cousin. She picked up her dance bag and tried to catch up with her cousin. "Zach!" Her eyes widened when she saw him punch Oren in the face.

"How fucking dare you!" Zach shouted at the boy. "I trusted you with my life for you to treat Carla right but yet you couldn't even do that because you couldn't keep your dick loyal to one vagina."

"Dude stop." Oren yelled.

"You never once said sorry to Carla or to me. Do you expect her just to forgive you with everything you've done? Everything you put her through? Saying sorry doesn't make what you did okay. Sorry doesn't make up all the countless nights that I had to witness her cry her eyes out because of you. I'm done playing mr nice guy because if you ever mistreat Carla ever again, you will pay for it. Mark my word." Zach yelled. "If you were really my brother you wouldn't have done this. Asshole."

"What the hell is going on here?" Torri asked the two boys. "Madame DuBois's office NOW!"

✄-----------------------------

So I wrote this chapter super last minute because I feel like I haven't done a good job showing the type of cousin relationship Zach and Carla share. And so I thought why not make Zach punch Oren in the face because let's be real here, we all wanted to punch Oren's pretty face for what he's putting Carla through.