THIRTY

Bette wanted everyone to come with her to Ramon Costa's house. Apparently she was invited to get to know her sister's boyfriend. Carla saw it as an opportunity for finding more evidence that links him to Cassie's accident.

Shane rang the doorbell revealing a confused Delia and angry Ramon.

"Hey." Neveah said, rolling in her brother.

"Aww." Tyler said, amazed at how nice the place is. "Whoa. Yo. Sick digs."

"Hey Costa." Zach said, causing Carla to chuckle.

"For a disrespectful asshole he is, he sure knows how to interior design." Carla said.

"He probably didn't even design it."

"You right." They drowned a shot. "So how was your day with Neve?"

"Fine for us. With her mom? Not so much."

"Being stubborn as ever?" Carla asked the boy.

"Yup." He said popping the p. "What about you and Oren? Anything happening with him."

"We had this moment when I was with Shane in their room."

"Moment?" Zach questioned.

"I called Shane's body better. He threw me over his shoulder and when I said sorry he threw me on his bed with him on top and Shane being Shane made a comment to let him know if we're having sex so he can leave."

"Yikes. Talk about awkward."

"Tell me about it." Carla saw Costa busy talking to a few dancers, the perfect time to go through his room. "Cover for me?"

"Do I have a choice?" Zach complained.

"Not unless you don't want to take him down."

"Fine. Go." He shooed the girl away.

Carla successfully found his room. She was surprised the door wasn't locked but then again he probably wasn't expecting anyone other than Bette. She looked through the many dressers only finding the typical clothes, shoes. After a while of finding nothing, the girl panicked when she heard the door open. She froze but when she saw Oren come in, she released a deep breath.

"What are you doing?" He asked the girl.

"Sh." She said, closing the door. "I'm finding evidence."

"Evidence?"

"Yes for my case. Keep up Oren."

Oren sighed and shook his head. "You still going on with that."

"Yes. So are you just gonna stand there and stare or help me?" She asked the boy which he sighed and helped her look through the drawers.

"If we get caught. It's your fault." Oren said.

"We won't because Zach is keeping watch and he'll text me if..." Carla's eyes widened when she saw a white rose stashed deep inside the many clothes like someone didn't want it to be found. "Holy."

"Shit." Oren finished her sentence. "Is that..."

"Yeah." Carla said, picking up the flower that looked exactly what Cassie held when she fell down.

"So Ramon Costa pushed her?"

"Or Delia." Carla said causing Oren to be confused. "Long story short, last summer Cassie and Ramon went to Paris with each other, giving Delia a perfect motive."

"Because she was jealous."

"Exactly.

"So what are we gonna do?" Oren asked.

"Well..." Carla took a picture of the flower and closed the drawer. "I'm not too sure yet but I'm sending this over to my dad and see what he'll do with it."

"But don't we need more evidence? Surely a picture of a flower in the dresser isn't enough."

"May may Oren. Are you forgetting my father is the best lawyer here." The girl said as they started walking out the room.

"'I guess you're right---." They both stopped when they heard voices coming. "Shit." Oren opened the closet. "In here."

The two squeezed into the closet, hiding themselves in all the jackets and coats. "I had enough." Ramon complained to Delia.

"We can't just kick them out."

"To hell we can."

"You need to show them you care about them."

"Why the hell should I do that when they don't even respect me?" Ramon complained.

"Look only for a few more hours then we'll kick them out. And besides, after, you can do whatever you want with me." Delia said.

"I like the sound of that." Ramon said as they both left the room.

Oren opens the closet door for the two to get out. "That was close."

"No kidding." Carla said, confused why her cousin didn't text her. "I'm sorry we almost got caught."

"It's fine, Carl." Oren said as they walked out the room. "Have fun."

"You too." Carla smiled as she watched the boy leave.