TWELVE

"So the new ballet, I'm calling it Ripper. It's a story of a legendary serial killer, violent and cruel. It's also the story of the women that he..." Ramon stops talking when he notices Neveah going through her bag. "Is something wrong?" Neveah shakes her head causing Ramon to continue. 

"What's wrong?" Carla asked the girl.

"My music box ballerina is gone."

"The one you always have in your bag?" Neveah nodded. "I'll help you look for it after class."

"Miss Chalamet. A moment please." Ramon asked the girl as she made her way over to him, both Zach and Oren curious why Ramon wanted to talk to her.

"Yes Mr Costa?"

"I expect nothing less from you after hearing how quick you pick up choreograph, I will not have any slacking here. You hear me?" Carla nodded, a little scared with his tone of voice.

"Yes Mr Costa."

"Good."

Oren gave the girl a look only for her to shake her head. "Later."

Throughout the practice, let's just say Carla was not on top of her game. She was still able to keep up with the routine but her mind was too distracted with everything going on with her life.

"June must have taken it." Neveah said as she went through her stuff.

"June? As in June Park?" Carla questioned.

"Yes Carl. We only know one June." Neveah said sarcastically.

"Okay but why would she take it?"

Neveah sensed that Carla wasn't following so she continued. "Yesterday she helped me with the class technique while I helped her with the audition. I told her it's stupid but I always rub this ballerina belly for good luck."

"Rituals?"

"Yes exactly." Neveah said, happy that she didn't find her doing this weird. "And today, I suddenly sucked ass and she's good. Like no offense to you, you were terrible. It was the first time to ever to see you suck so bad."

Carla laughed, completely agreeing with the girl. "So you think she stole it?"

"It's a possibility. Why else would she dance well today?"

"Good point. So what cha gonna do?"

"Break into her room duh."

"Neve..." Carla's eyes widened.

"Whatever you say won't change my mind."

Carla shook her head. "Well tell me how it goes."

"Oh I will."

A knock on the door caught their attention. The door opened revealing Oren. "Got a sec?" He asked Carla.

Carla sighed and nodded walking out the door. She knew she couldn't completely ignore him especially since now they're partners.

"I'm sorry." Carla said since they've been walking for minutes in silence.

"Why are you sorry?" Oren questioned.

"I sucked ass today. I never suck so bad. It's pathetic."

"No it's fine. We all have those days."

"Well not me." Carla said.

Oren shook his head, forgetting how much of a perfectionist Carla is. "It was first rehearsal Carls. You'll be fine. Besides we still got time to show Mr. Costa what he saw before was no fluke."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry now?" Oren asked confused.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you the other day."

"Carla..."

"I'm willing to put whatever happened in the past so we can actually not suck."

Oren chuckled. "You never suck. But I'm willing to start over if you are."

Carla nodded. "It'll take some time for me, but let's do it."

"Good because we're going somewhere to let loose."

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 20, 2021