SIXTY

"Oren calm down." Carla said to the boy who couldn't stop himself from pacing back and forth.

"I can't calm down Carls. Bette must be so scared right now."

"I know. But I'm sure her mom's down there taking care of everything.

Oren stops pacing and looks at the girl. "I guess you're right." That wasn't all he was thinking about. He wanted to know more about his girlfriend and Nabil's kiss. He just didn't know how to approach it.

"That's not the only thing you're thinking about huh?" Carla asked him, knowing exactly what was bothering him.

"You kissed Nabil?" Carla sighed and nodded. "When?"

"Remember the Nutcracker show our first year. I was Clara and Nabil was the Nutcracker/prince." Oren nodded. "Well we were practicing the kissing scene and one thing led to another and..." Carla sighed not knowing really how to explain it. "It was just a peck. No tongue, no anything. It barely even lasted for a second before both of us were uncomfortable. Not because we liked each other, but because he liked Cassie and I liked you."

"Was this before or after we kissed?" Oren asked.

"A week after we kissed."

"Is that why you ignored me for a month?"

Carla nodded. "I was trying to find a way to tell you but it just never came out and we weren't exclusive or anything. And I was too busy thinking about the show."

"I forgot you live and breathe ballet." Oren chuckled. "So do you like Nabil? It's okay if you do."

Carla laughed. "No. Even on that day we kissed and up until now, I only see him as a brother."

"Do you see me as a brother?" Oren asked, causing the girl to give him the 'are you serious' look. "What? It's a perfectly acceptable question."

"No. I knew after that kiss with Nabil, I wanted to be with you and only you."

Oren smiled. "Is that why you asked me out that one day?"

Carla nodded. "You know it's hard for me to express my emotions, but that day my feelings for you were clear and I knew if I didn't do something about it I would lose the best guy here."

"It's a good thing Zach and Shane didn't hear that." Oren jokes, pulling the girl into a hug. "I'm sorry I was jealous."

"It's fine. No more secrets?"

Oren nodded. "No more secrets."

The two stood there in each other's arms in silence, no doubt thinking about what happened with Ramon Costa and Bette.

"Permission to punch Costa in the face?" Oren asked.

Carla chuckled. "Permission granted. But not now. We have other things to worry about."

Oren nodded. "How are we gonna get Bette out of this?"

Carla shrugged. "Not too sure, but knowing her mom she's probably doing everything she can to get her out or covering it up."

"Sounds to me you guys are slowly becoming friends."

Carla smiled at the times she's been hanging out with Bette. She'll admit, she's not as bad as she thought she was. 

✄-----------------------------

Anyone expect Oren to react so calmly to the Nabil and Carla kiss?? I'm so proud of Oren maturing through these chapters because it just shows how much trust and love he has for Carla. #Orla!!