SIX

"You're wearing that?" Carla asked the new girl as she saw her look at herself in the mirror.

"Yeah?" Neveah said, but it came out more of a question than a statement.

Carla laughed at the girl as she started going through her clothes. A red scarf caught her eye.

"Perfect." Carla picked it up and put on Neveah's neck. "You just need a little extra zhuzh. That looks chic. And the other girls will be tots jealous."

"Of what?" Neveah questioned. "You saw how the ballet master was going at me. Wrong this. Wrong that."

"That's just how Brooks works." Carla laughed. "If he's picking on you that means he sees potential in you."

"He's never picking on you."

"Oh believe me. I had my fair share of picking. On my first day, he yelled at me for not knowing the difference between Russian fouettés and Italian fouettés. And I was 7 years old."

"You came here when you were 7?" Neveah asked.

Carla nodded. "Yup. I was the youngest to ever be admitted in here."

"Damn. So you've known Brooks for..."

"9 years." Carla finished the girl's sentence as she applied a coat of lipstick. "Once you understand how he works, it'll get better. And plus you have me to help you on the way." Carla smiled as she heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Ready to party." Zach said as he came inside sitting on her bed. "Is this your new roommate?" 

"Neveah Zachary. Zachary Neveah." Carla said introducing them to each other. 

"I prefer to be called Zach, but it's very nice to meet you." Zach smiled at the girl. 

"Likewise." Neveah smiled back. 

"You wanna come to the party with us? It'll be less intimidating."

"Sure why not." Neveah shrugged her shoulders thinking it's a good idea.

"Let's get this party started." Zach yelled as the three of them walked to the party together. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 16, 2021