THIRTEEN

Oren dragged the girl to the club where she saw her cousin and best friend. "Zach. Shane. What are you guys doing here?"

"Having fun duh." Shane said but narrowed his eyes at Oren behind her.

"The fuck is he doing. Was he giving you a hard time?" Zach said, going older brother mode even when he's younger than her by a month.

Carla rolled her eyes. "No. We decided we're putting everything behind the past."

"Huh?" They both said, very confused.

"I love this song." Carla yelled as she pulled the 3 guys to the dance floor. "Neve! Junie!"

"Carls!" And just like that Carla was having the time of her life with her friends as well as her ex-boyfriend who might be better than she thought he would be. That was until she caught the crazy girlfriend staring. But hey, Carla would be too if she were her. They were doing some questionable dancing.

"My feet are killing me." Carla said to Neveah as they walked out the club.

"Girl nobody told you to wear heels."

"But it makes this outfit better." Carla whined.

Neveah laughed. "Can't argue with that."

"So did you?" Carla nodded her head towards June's direction. "Her yet?"

Neveah shook her head. "Not yet. I'm not sure how to yet."

"I thought you had a plan."

"I did, but it might get me kicked out."

"Neve!"

"Don't worry about it."

Before either girls could say anything, there were 3 guys bothering Nabil. "You're the one not walking straight." Nabil argued back.

"Asshole." Caleb said.

"You're gonna shut up and apologize." The guy said.

"In that order?" Nabil replied. "That could be difficult."

"Why don't you fuck off?" Shane pushed the guy.

"Shane." Carla said.

"Easy." Oren said, trying to stop his friend.

"You come for him, you come for all of us." Shane argued, ignoring his best friends.

"Jesus man what are you guys?" The guy said.

"We're dancers, assholes." Bette said.

"And we'll beat your ass!" Neveah yelled as Zach tried to hold her back.

"Bunch of scrawny freaks man."

Carla had enough so she did what her sober self wouldn't do. She punched the guy. "Aw fuck." She yelled, not expecting it to hurt that much.

"You go girl." Neveah cheered on.

It all happened too fast, one minute the boys were on the ground, the next the cops were here.

"Oh fuck." 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 20, 2021