SEVEN

The thing about the Chalamet cousins is that they thrive in these types of parties. And everyone here wanted to talk to them. More like get on their good side so they'll put in a good word to their parents. 

"Carla and Zach. I hope to see you two finally perform together." Alan, Master Brooks' husband said.

Carla laughed. "Maybe."

"That's only if Master Brooks allows it." Zach jokes.

"If I partner you two together, you'll get nothing done." Brooks said.

"That is so not true." Carla said, acting like she was offended by what Brooks said only for him to laugh at the girl.

Their conversation was cut short when Bette's mother came. "Topher. Tell us. Is this a star pairing or what?" She said, pointing to Oren and Bette causing both the Chalamet cousins to roll their eyes.

"Partners have already been finalized." Master Brooks said, not even bothering thinking about the so-called star pairing in front of him.

"I'm sure you'll do the right thing."

"I always do Katrina." He simply said to feed up with her meddling. "Ah. Carla, Zachary. I'll like to introduce you guys to someone."

With all of their glares on them, they walked away to mingle for the rest of the night.

"Mom, you can't boss around my ballet master." Bette scolded her mother.

"Why isn't he parading you two around?" Katrina asked her daughter. 

"What?" 

"What do Carla and Zachary have that you two don't for Topher to be introducing them to his friends? Huh?"

"Mom..."

"You know what? Whatever." Katrina cut off her daughter. "Now, let's get you in front of Ramon Costa." 

After chatting with a lot of random people, Carla lost Zach as well as her new friend, Neveah. Let's hope she's doing well.

The girl was picking up some food to put on her plate before a voice came.

"Hey." 

Carla chuckled. "You following me?"

"No. I just happened to want some food too." Oren said. 

"Right." She nodded as she grabbed a skewer and put it on her plate.

"You look beautiful." Oren complimented the girl.

"Thanks. Is that all?" Carla asked, frustrated and confused as to why her ex-boyfriend is talking to her. 

"No, I just..."

"Just what? What part of leaving me alone did you not understand?" 

"Carla..." 

"Carla?" Zach came out of nowhere. "Oren." He nodded while glaring at the boy.

"Hey Zach. Um... I'll see you guys around." Oren said, looking at Carla one more time before leaving. 

"What the hell did he want?" Zach questioned his cousin, going in his overprotective mode.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Carla said, a little upset at herself that she wanted Oren to talk to her more. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 16, 2021