THIRTY-SIX

"Don't judge me please." Carla said, as her and Neveah were seated on one of the couches in the common room.

"It's kinda hard not too." Neveah said, tying the shoes she's wearing tomorrow.

"We didn't do anything. We're just two friends who went out and enjoyed the scenery. Did you know there's so much more to Chicago than these old buildings surrounding the school we see everyday?"

"Okay. That's great Carl, but weren't you the one that hated Bette when she spent a little too much time with Oren when you guys were dating." Neveah pointed out.

Carla groaned. "Fuck I'm a terrible person."

"You said it, not me." Neveah said. "You were out late for someone getting filmed tomorrow." Neveah said to Bette who sat down on the couch across from them. "Popcorn?"

"I'm never eating again." Bette said.

"More for me than." Carla said, grabbing some and putting them in her mouth.

Bette rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but chuckle at how adorable her enemy was being right now. "How'd it go with the felon?"

"After six years behind walls, she's got boundary issues."

"Can you guys believe that this wench just got promoted?" Esme said as her, Paige, and June just got back from their job.

"I mean, what's she got that I ain't got?" Paige complained.

"A personality?" Carla jokes.

Paige threw some popcorn at the girl. "Ha ha. Very funny."

June sat down next to Carla, resting her head on her shoulder. "Trust me. It was work."

"You all right?" Carla asked the girl offering some popcorn hoping it'll help, which she declined.

"Yeah. It's not really my scene." June said, but Carla couldn't help the tone in her voice. Something happened, and Carla was going to find out.

Bette gets up and starts walking into the direction of Shane and Oren's room, no doubt gonna go see him.

"I'm so stupid." Carla complained to Neveah causing her to chuckle.

"What happened to her?" Paige asked.

"Nothing. Just a rough night for her." Neveah said, knowing her best friend didn't want people to find out the little outing she had with Oren.