FIFTY-FIVE

Oren and Carla were on their way to a restaurant.

"Please." Carla asked again.

"No." Oren shakes his head. Oren wanted their date to be a surprise so he's been keeping whatever he has planned for the two a secret, making Carla upset and impatient.

"Why not?" Carla pouted causing the boy to chuckle.

"You're cute when you pout."

"Cute enough to tell me where we're going?" He shakes his head. "Urg I hate you." Carla said, sitting back in her seat in his car.

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"Nope."

"Yes."

"And we're here." Oren said, parking his car. He gets out and opens the car door for the girl. "My lady." He says smiling.

Carla smiled back as she got out the car. The two walk into the restaurant.

"Hi table for Lennox." Oren said to the person in front.

The dude nods and types away on his tablet then picking up some menus. "Right this way." Oren takes the girl's hand and follows the dude to their table.

"You knew exactly where we were going but you didn't tell me." Carla asked, not even bothering looking at the menu because she already knew what she was gonna order.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." He shrugged.

"I hate surprises."

Oren chuckled. "I know."

They ordered their food and started talking about random things.

"I didn't take it." Carla laughed.

"Right so what happened to the sweater I really liked that you hated?" Oren asked as she shrugged. "So it just happened to find its way to Goodwill?"

Carla nodded. "Yup. Smart sweater there."

Oren laughed. "I'm really glad you said yes to being my girlfriend."

"Were you expecting me to say no or something?"

"Kinda."

"Well lucky for you Oren, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."