SIXTY-SIX

After a very successful show, well for Carla, her cousin, not so much, she needed to talk to Neveah. Zach dropped the "l" word and apparently freaked Neveah out causing her to not dance the way they practiced it. If she didn't want to go to New York, that's fine, but don't sabotage it for Zach.

"Neveah!" Carla yelled when she saw the girl walking out the dressing room.

"Not now Carl."

"Yes now." Carla grabbed her hand and dragged her to a corner.

"What the hell? Get off of me." Neveah said, taking Carla's hand off hers.

"What the hell was that out there?"

"Excuse me?"

"Oh don't act like you didn't know what you were doing."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Neveah crossed her arms across her chest.

Carla laughed. "So it wasn't like you purposely danced off beat in front of the reps from New York?"

"Exactly."

"Don't lie to me Neveah." Carla said, fed up with the act she's putting on. "If you didn't want to go to New York, then that's fine. Zach would have understood, but don't sabotage it for him knowing very damn well he wanted to go."

"What was I supposed to do huh?"

"Uh dance normally like you were meant to do."

"And if they wanted me at their school. What was I supposed to do then?"

Carla's jaw dropped. Did her best friend really just ask that?

"A simple 'no thank you' would be fine."

"I could get blacklisted for saying no to a well known school over there."

"By saying no?" Carla couldn't believe they were having this conversation right now. "Do you honestly believe you'll be blacklisted for saying no to a school? Or are you trying to defect the fact you don't love Zach back?"

"What? Of course I love Zach."

Carla chuckled. "Well you have a weird way of showing it."

"Don't act like you know anything about my relationship when you can't even handle yours."

"Excuse me?"

"You think Oren and you are gonna last? You don't think he's gonna cheat on you again. He will. Because guys like him don't change and whatever spell he has on you right now, is blocking you out from realizing that. You're a dumbass for thinking he'll change and you're even a bigger dumbass to think he actually loves you."

"Stop acting like you know everything about our relationship when you only saw the downfall of it."

"The truth hurts Carla." Neveah said, the first time she's calling her by her full name not the nickname she's given her. "I did what I had to do to protect myself."

"And you think ruining that chance for Zach was worth it? He would walk the moon and back for you. He has proven to you multiple times he isn't like the other guys you dated. Why can't you understand that?"

"Zach is distracting me from being Broadway material."

"Then why are you still with him? Why did you continue to drag him along?" Carla argued. She couldn't believe this girl in front of her who she considered as her best friend to be so selfless in what she did. 

Neveah shrugged. "If you know the right people in this world, then it gets you places. Zach's parents have connections."

Carla chuckled. "And what about me? Were you just using me because my parents have connections?"

"I had to do what I had to do to protect myself."

Carla shook her head. "Well congratulations, you not only lost Zach, but you lost me too. Don't even bother talking to me."

With that Carla left the girl. What started as a beautiful friendship, turned into a lie. A lie that Carla feared the most. The reason why the girl only has a few friends is because they end up using her because of her name. And she didn't think it would happen again. But she had other problems to think about.

Neveah Stroyer was a blast in the past and that won't stop her from what needs to be done.

✄-----------------------------

I'm sorry 😔😔