SIXTY-TWO

"Well well well. What does Carla Chalamet want from me on this lovely Tuesday." Cassie said as she saw her best friend come into the room.

Carla was not planning on visiting Cassie. She hasn't really been the best of friends to the girl because the last time she visited her was 3 months ago. Hell she didn't even visit her when Nabil told her she started talking again. But after her talk with Nabil and how hurt he was, she needed to know what the hell happened with them.

There was no way Cassie thought of Nabil as just a stupid summer fling.

"Hey Cass." Carla smiled.

"What do you want?" Cassie said, looking not too enthusiastic to see her.

"I can't visit you?"

"You didn't before, why now?"

Carla laughed. "I've been busy."

"With Oren?" Carla didn't say anything. "It's amazing how much people tell you thinking you can't hear a thing."

"I'm happy with him."

"Like before? Look at what happened. He cheated on you."

"I understand that Cassie but he won't do it again."

Cassie laughed. "You're an idiot if you think that. Boys like him don't change. And I'm your best friend so I know what's best for you."

"How can you know what's best for me if you're not even honest with me?"

"Excuse me?" Cassie asked her.

"Why didn't you tell me about your summer trip with Ramon Costa?" Cassie didn't say anything because she wasn't expecting her to find out. "You think I wasn't gonna find out?"

"There's a reason why I didn't tell you."

"Why not?" Carla asked.

"Carla..."

"Was he the one who pushed you?" Cassie looked like she was having a mental battle with herself, debating whether or not she should tell her best friend or not. "Fine don't tell me. But answer this. Why the hell did you tell Nabil he was just some stupid summer fling?"

"Carla..."

"Don't lie to me Cassie. You and I both know he meant the world to you so why did you tell him that. Please Cass." Carla begged the girl.

"I can't." Cassie said, worry laced in her voice.

"Why not?" Carla asked the girl. "You loved Nabil and I find it hard to believe he was just some fling. Mark Lee was a fling. Okay that boy you made it very clear you only wanted him for that one night and that one night only. Nabil on the other hand isn't. So whatever Costa said or did to you, I can help you. But you need to be honest with me. Please Cass."

Cassie sighed, knowing her friend was right. "If I tell you, can you promise me to not tell anyone, especially not Bette."

"Bette isn't even my friend Cassie." Carla told her.

Cassie took a deep breath before telling the girl everything about her summer romance with Costa, how Delia pushed her, and the threats Costa said to her.

Maybe Cassie was right, there were things she kept from Carla for a reason.