FORTY

Ramon Costa was watching the dancers very closely. He wanted this routine to be perfect and so far, it's looking better than he expected it to be.

There was awkward tension between Carla, Oren, and Zach. After what happened, Zach and Oren only got detention for a week which Carla was relieved about because that meant they didn't get kicked out.

Carla knew what Zach did wasn't the ideal way to handle his anger towards Oren but maybe Oren needed some sense knocked into him. He needed to choose who the hell he wanted to be with or else he'll end up losing both girls.

"Oren, focus." Ramon Costa yelled. "Bette good timing." Carla was already annoyed about the fact that Bette somehow got a solo and now because of her partner, her timing was off. She knew she should have asked Master Brooks for a different partner when she had the chance. Because she would have gladly given Oren over to Bette so she could be with Shane. "That's good for now. Finish your lines, everyone."

Oren looked at Carla only for her to shake her head.

"I don't always see full extension and you're losing power in the lifts. One more thing. I'm to remind all the males here of their physicals today. Perhaps this will be the kick in the ass some of you fatsos need to lose a few." Ramon Costa said, staring directly at Oren who felt self conscious all of a sudden.

"What did you just say?" Carla asked, suddenly feeling angry.

"Don't worry females isn't until a few weeks. You still have time."

To say Carla was angry would be the biggest understatement of the year. She was furious.

"Mr. Costa, you can't say that." Madame DuBois said, a little taken back Ramon Costa said that to her favorite ballerina here.

"I'll come by later for my spanking. Dismissed."

Carla was the first one out of the studio. She needed to get out of there to calm down before she did something she'd regret.

"Carla." A familiar voice yelled.

"Not now Oren." The girl said as she continued to walk.

"Sorry about the screwups." Oren said, catching up to the girl.

"It's fine."

"No it's not fine. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

"I said it's fine Oren." Carla said, turning around to face the boy.

"Maybe we could go over the steps after lunch."

"Whatever." Carla simply said turning back around.

"Is everything alright? If it's about what Costa said..."

"I don't give a shit of what he says. I love myself too much to even believe whatever bullshit he says." Carla replied. "But what he said about you was uncalled for and if I want to take him down, then I need to get out of here before I do something I regret. Okay? I'll see you later." She didn't bother to hear his reply before she was out the door and to her favorite coffee place.