NINETEEN

Class went by quicker than Carla expected it to be. Oren was confused as to why Carla was suddenly ignoring him after what he thought was a beautiful night between the two. On the other hand, Shane knew better than to pester her into forgiving him. She'll talk to him when she's ready.

"All right thank you. Ladies, pointee class with Ms. Petrov is now tomorrow, which is when I'll take the lads for allegro. Today, we now make time for the great Ramon Costa, who will set his new work on some of you. Dismissed." Master Brooks announced.

Zach hands both Neveah and Carla their bags.

"The great Ramon Costa." Neveah imitated causing both the Chalamets to laugh.

"Great my ass." Carla said.

"The dude still gives me the creeps." Zach pointed out.

"No kidding."

"Students. Students." Selena runs into the room. "Students! Your attention please. Thank you. As you know, City Works Ballet's season opener is tomorrow night, and as you are the so-called next generation of company members, Madame DuBois has very kindly arranged for you to attend with half price for balcony seats."

"Come on." Shane complained.

"Still costs a wad." Caleb said.

"For those of you on a budget, volunteer ushers can attend for free. Any takers?" Selena asked as Neveah's arm immediately shot up.

"We can help you pay Neve." Carla told her only for her to shake her head.

"It's okay guys. Who knows maybe volunteering would be fun."

"You sure?" Zach questioned.

Neveah nodded. "Positive."

"All right, tell us how it goes." And then the Chalamet cousins walked out the studio, leaving Neveah with Nabil.

"Shane didn't try talking to you." Zach said.

Carla shrugged. "He knows better. When I'm angry it's better to leave me alone until I cooled off."

"Noted." Zach jokes. "So have you cooled off?"

"Ish. I don't know."

"Oren kept asking me why the hell you're not even glancing in his direction after the closure you guys got."

"Of course he is." Carla rolled her eyes. "You know for someone who has a girlfriend is still so hung up on his ex-girlfriend."

"You know he doesn't even love Bette in the way he loves you."

"Well he should show it better." Carla said.

"I might hate the guy." Zach admitted. "Like he's a complete asshole and I really wanna punch that pretty face of his, but I can see the way he looks at you. And one day, he'll realize the relationship he has with Bette is a no no and you were always the one."

When Carla and Oren were dating, he was Zach's best friend. Kinda like Cassie and Carla, they met at Archer. The two were inseparable until Oren cheated on Carla. And without question, Zach took his cousin's side over his best friend's.

"Well tell him to hurry the fuck up. A girl can't wait around forever."

✄-----------------------------

🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 🎄 I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! And heres a little gift I have for you guys! 🎁

edited: august 24, 2021