FIFTY-THREE

Later that night, Carla went up to the balcony to think. She's been getting flashbacks from the night of the car accident. Something happened when she was unconscious but she just couldn't remember what it was.

When the girl got up there, her boyfriend was practicing a routine, no doubt for the video.

Carla smiled. "You know, I get I'm a catch, but you don't have to impress me anymore."

Oren stopped the music to look at the girl. "Kinda hard when you're so effortlessly beautiful." Oren pecked the girl's cheek but noticed something off about her. "Everything okay?"

Carla shrugged. "I don't know. I keep getting memories from the night of the car accident but I just can't piece it all together."

Oren pulled her into a hug. "Okay how about I help you? I'll ask you a few questions to help you slowly remember it." Carla nodded. "Okay first question, what were your surroundings like?"

"I was in a room. A very big and dark room. Like it was never ending." Carla answered.

"Like the one when we were in Paris?"

"Yes." Carla's eyes widened, finally remembering some of it. "Like the one in Paris. Hm. Maybe I was in that exact room."

"Was it exactly like the one in Paris? The colors? Or just the structure?" Oren asked.

Carla shrugged. "I don't really remember. But I know for sure I was talking to someone about something I just can't remember what it was. God why does my memory suck."

Oren laughed. "Says that girl who can pick up a new choreography in a day."

"Muscle memory." Carla said, like picking up new routines wasn't a big deal.

"Are you excited for the video?" Oren asked.

Carla nodded. "It's nice to be able to dance without having Brooks or Costa judging your every move."

"How about we dance something together?" Oren suddenly asked.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I could tell you, or..." Oren takes the girl's hand. "I could show you."

With the moon and stars out, the two danced away on the balcony like they were the only ones there, enjoying everything about one another. 

✄-----------------------------

Imma make Carla and Oren do some cute couple stuff because why not? Also what should their ship name be? Caren? Orla? Carlen?