FOURTEEN

"You know you didn't have to punch the dude right?" Shane said as he, Zach, and Carla were walking back to the dorms. Everyone else behind them.

Carla laughed as she rested her head on his shoulder. "Maybe it was unnecessary, but it felt good. My hand on the other hand ..." She looked at her knuckles. "Not so much."

"We'll ice it when we get back." Zach said.

"What would I do without you guys." Carla said.

"Punch a rando that's for sure." Shane pointed out causing all of them to laugh.

"You know I actually had fun today. The most I've ever had in forever." Carla admitted.

"Did it have to do with Oren?"

"More or less."

"Carls..." Zach couldn't believe after what the boy did to his cousin, she was willing to put it behind her and move on.

"I know." Carla sighed. "He cheated on me. And he's like 6 feet behind us with the girl he cheated on me with, but I don't know. Don't you think there's a certain point where you're just tired and want it to be over?"

"Tired of what exactly?" Shane asked the girl.

Carla shrugged. "I'm tired of ignoring him. Even after everything he did, we still go to the same school, have the same friends, and now that he's my partner, it'll only get easier if I accept what happened and move on."

"Even if it hurts seeing them together?" Zach questioned.

"Even if it hurts seeing them together." Carla nodded.

"But do you forgive him?" Shane asked.

"Not yet." Carla said.

"Yet?" Zach questioned.

"I feel like we just need to talk about it to fully understand everything in order for me to fully move on."

And little did Carla know, it would be sooner than later.

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 20, 2021