THIRTY-ONE

After almost getting caught by Delia and Costa, Carla left early because she wasn't really having fun and being around Ramon creeped her out. He was just creepy in general.

Carla was planning on going into the sauna, but she just didn't like being in there. Something about soaking in your sweat in there made her feel yucky. 

So instead, she sat in the common room reading a book. After a while, a familiar voice brought her attention away from her book.

"Hey." Oren said, taking a seat in front of her. "I didn't think anyone would be back here so soon."

Carla laughed. "I wasn't in the mood to be around Ramon Costa anymore. That dude gives me the creeps."

Oren chuckled. "Can't argue with that."

There was something off with Oren's voice that Carla couldn't help but notice. "Something bothering you?"

Oren sighed. "Bette wanted me to have a threesome with him."

"What? Seriously?"

Oren nodded. "I don't know what was going through her mind but... how could she kiss him right in front of me?"

Carla shrugged. "Because she's a shady hoe." Oren looked at her making her regret what she just said. "Sorry."

"Nah it's true. She's done some shady things but yet I still love her." Oren admitted.

"Love makes you do strange things."

"Yeah it does." Oren said as the two went back to silence. The only noise was the heater going off in the room. Oren enjoyed the time he spent with the girl. He didn't know why he hadn't broken up with Bette yet. Maybe it's his fear of rejection from Carla if he did do it. He needed to figure this all out before losing Carla for good. "Hey Carls?"

Carla looked up from her book to look at Oren. "Yes Oren?"

"Thank you."

Carla narrowed her eyes, confused. "You're welcome?"

"I always knew you were nice. But you forgiving me was one of the nicest things you've ever done to me. And you've done a lot of nice things for me." Oren confessed.

Carla laughed. "We're still on this?"

"I'm just very grateful to still have you in my life after everything."

Carla smiled. "Trust in this building has been broken, and this may help rebuild it." She imitated Master Brooks causing Oren to chuckle. "I forgave you because you were honest to me. You always have been. One of the qualities I like about you. And like you said, we're finally partners this year. And I'm not slicking just because you cheated on me."

"I forgot you live and breathe ballet." Oren jokes.

"Only this year." Carla corrected him. After the two talked about random things, they finally called it a night.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Oren said to the girl.

Carla nodded. "Of course. Remember I live and breathe ballet."

Oren laughed. "Right. Good night Carls."

"Good night Ollie." Carla was about to open the door, but stopped and said. "Hey Oren."

The boy turned around. "Yeah?"

"You'll do the right thing. You always do." She smiled and walked inside her room with Oren smiling.