FOUR

After class, Carla headed to the shoe room. Her pointe shoes were getting old and it seemed like the perfect time to get a new pair. When she got there, she saw Shane, Neveah, June, and Bette.

"You're trash Shane. Have fun scavenging with your new petit rat." Bette said as she turned to the door to see her enemy. "Oh look your other petit rat."

"Scared that Neveah's going to push you out of the 2nd spot you always claim after me?" Carla questioned.

"Like how you pushed Cassie?" Bette said.

"At least I have an alibi where I was. But yet nobody could vouch for you. So where were you exactly?"

"That's none of your business. But if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go have a little fun with Oren if you know what I mean." 

Carla rolled her eyes, realizing how pathetic Bette was being right now. "That's pathetic. You need a boy to make yourself feel better about yourself. But hey, that just proves how different you and I are. So go have fun with Oren all you want, but at the end of the day we both know who he'll choose if it came down to it."

Bette glared at the girl before walking out. "June."

"Bye." June said as she ran out the room.

"Thank you." Neveah spoke to the girl.

"Nothing to thank me for." Carla muttered as she searched for a new pair of shoes. "I can't stand that bitch. Not only did she steal my boyfriend but she thinks she's better than me. Like as if. She can barely turn. I'm surprised she even made it this far." Neveah laughed. "And as for you, if you're here to replace Cassie, that means you're good. We all had our fair share of a terrible first day, but from what I see, you have potential."

"Is this Carla trying to replace me?" Shane joked.

Carla rolled her eyes, finally spotting the perfect shoe for herself. "Never Shane. But it would be nice to have another girl in the group. Handling both you and Zach is quite difficult."

"Have you seen yourself?"

Carla rolled her eyes again. "Keep that up and Neve here will actually replace you." Carla looked at Neveah. "It's okay if I call you Neve?"

"I don't mind. It's just nobody's ever called me Neve before." Neveah admitted, strangely feeling a sense of comfort from the girl. 

"Well there's a first time for everything." 

"And while we're on it, you can call her Carl." Shane said. 

Carla rolled her eyes again. "Bye you two." She said as she headed for the door. "Oh Neve, if you need help unpacking, just ask. We are going to be roommates and from what I see, you're nothing like wannabe ballerina barbie with her mediocre French." 

"Thank you Carl." Neveah causing everyone in the room to laugh. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 16, 2021