FIVE

"Easy man." Caleb said to his friend who was benching way more than he could handle. "Hey."

"What the fuck." Oren asked, annoyed.

"You're good."

"I'm not good. I had another one in me."

"Blowing out a pec ain't gonna help with your dancing."

"You heard Brooks. I'm out of shape."

"Guaranteed he wasn't talking about you." Caleb said as he started lifting some weights. "Besides we can't be like Mister and Miss Perfect who lives and breathes ballet. Some of us actually have lives outside here."

"Talk shit about Nabil all you want, but don't bring Carla into this." Oren unknowingly becoming frustrated when people talk shit about Carla.

"You guys broke up months ago. And you're still not over her?" Caleb questioned his friend.

Everyone at Archer wanted to know that answer. After the breakup of the IT couple, people wanted to know what happened. Of course, only the few knew what actually happened. While the rest just believed whatever bullshit Bette fed them.

"Of course I'm over her. I'm with Bette now." Oren said, trying to convince himself he was over his ex-girlfriend.

"Uh huh."

"Caleb, check it out." Oren said, trying to change the topic. "Second time that cop's talked to him.

"She must smell blood." Caleb grutted while lifting.

Oren never liked Nabil. It was for a very small and stupid thing. Nabil being the best male ballerina while Carla being the best female ballerina, there were many times when the two danced together even if it was just for a demonstration, like this morning's class. Oren was jealous because no matter how hard he worked, he never got a chance to be partnered with Carla.

"You sure impressed Brooks today." Oren said, glaring at his rival.

"Not really. A little rusty." Nabil simply said as he balanced on the weight.

"Must suck, coming all this way to be with your girlfriend and then she goes and falls off the fucking building. And now that she's gone, you're going after her best friend."

"Carla and I are just friends." Nabil says.

"Right." Oren nodded, not fully believing it. 

"I came here to study dance."

"I was watching you."

"I know." Nabil said, still not looking at Oren. 

"You don't have the American style."

"That's true. I'm more than tits and teeth." Nabil said. "But don't be jealous. I'm sure you'll get your chance to dance with Carla."

"Don't bring her into this." Oren said angrily.

"Anyone can see that you still love her. But she don't want you."

To say Oren was angry would be an understatement, he was furious. So he did what he had to do, he pushed Nabil off the weight causing them to get into a fight.

"Gotta show me respect." Nabil yelled.

"Hey guys break it up!" Caleb tried to contain his roommate and friend which he was successful in.

"You don't belong here. And stay the hell away from Carla." Oren said as walked out the room. 

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 16, 2021