TEN

"Hey Cass." Carla said as she sat down on the chair near the hospital bed. "I brought you your favorite flowers."

Carla made it a habit to come visit her best friend in hopes that she'll wake up.

"It's not the same without you. My life is a mess. I'm a mess. Oren tried apologizing to me earlier. I don't even know why he's trying to be civil with my after everything's that happened. Maybe it's because we're finally partners now. I don't know." Carla laughed. "We're finally partners at the time I want nothing to do with him. Shane's hiding something from me. I could feel it. I'm not too sure what but I'll eventually find out. If there's anything I learned from you, it's that you gotta push until you get what you want. Bette's still a bitch. She can't even properly turn. How does she expect to land the lead role?"

Carla sat on the chair, holding her best friend's hand as she played their favorite movie, She's the Man. The girl didn't realize she has been there for hours until she heard a familiar voice. 

"Carla?" Nabil walked into the room.

"Nabil hey. How are you?" Carla asked. 

"I'm okay. Giving the circumstance. What about you?" Nabil replied. 

"I'm fine. Wow." Carla said looking at the clock. "I should get going."

"You can stay if you want."

Carla shook her head. "I still have some homework I need to do. I'll be back soon Cass." Carla kissed her friend's forehead. "See you in class Nabil."

"Wait Carla." Nabil stopped the girl in the hallway. "Oren told me to stay away from you. I think he still loves you."

Carla scoffed. "Of course he did. Don't listen to him Nabil. We broke up a long time ago so he has no right to say those things." 

"He still loves you Carla." Nabil repeated. 

"I know." Carla gave the boy a weak smile because she couldn't understand how her ex was being so possessive when he made it perfectly clear to her and to everyone here who he wanted to be with. 

"Do you still love him?" Nabil asked the girl.

Carla shrugged. "I don't know."

"If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here." Nabil smiled.

"Thanks Nabil. I'll see you later."

"Bye Carla."

✄-----------------------------

edited: august 20, 2021