TWENTY-FIVE

Rehearsal was terrible. There was definitely tension in the room about the article. Ramon Costa being his normal asshole self.

"You got a problem?" Ramon asked Neveah who stopped dancing.

"No." Neveah said. "Except you really think Jack the Ripper is the right story to be telling now, especially after what just happened to a student here?"

"I do." Ramon said, throwing his stress ball up and down. "It seems like you don't."

"I'm just saying, violence happens in real people's lives. You don't seem to get that. Plus, you out here throwing Bette around? I get it, though. I'd be mad too if I'd just gotten my ass handed to me by every reviewer in Chicago."

Ramon Costa had enough of the new girl and threw his stress ball at her except it missed and hit the mirror behind her. Carla flinched when she saw what he just did to her best friend.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Carla said, angry that a so-called professional choreographer just did that to a student.

"Learn to respect your superiors Miss Chalamet."

"Not when my so-called superior is acting childish." Carla argued back.

"I'll watch your mouth if I were you."

"Or what? You're gonna tell Madame DuBois?"

"I can get you kicked out with a flick of my finger." Ramon Costa said.

"Do it. I couldn't care less because I'll sue you for trying to harm a student. And God knows what else you did."

Ramon Costa laughed. "You're a little nobody. Who do you think they're gonna believe? Me, a well known choreographer whose already respected in the dance world or a little girl who's jealous she didn't get the lead in my showcase."

Carla laughed. "I might be a nobody. But my father isn't. James Chalamet. Have you heard of him?"

"The problem isn't the material." Ramon announced, trying to change the subject. "It isn't my partnering or the shitty reviews in which you all no doubt took delight. The problem is that you've been led to believe that your opinions, your feelings, your dreams, that they matter. That ends now. If you want my respect, you'll have to earn it." He said, glaring at Carla before walking out the room.

Carla scoffed. Like she would ever want Ramon Costa's respect.

"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Caleb said to Carla and Neveah.

Carla rolled her eyes. "Us?"

"Easy Caleb. They have a point." Oren defended.

"He can't keep treating us like that." Neveah said.

"In here? Hell yeah he can." Gwen said.

"Just because he's a well known choreographer doesn't give him the right to do whatever the hell he wants to us. Neveah could have been injured because he couldn't contain his anger." Carla exclaimed.

"Come on girls. Let's clean up this segment and win him back tomorrow." Bette said.

"Who died and made you Costa?" Shane said.

Carla rolled her eyes again. "You're seriously gonna follow his orders after what he said? That our dreams don't matter?" She asked the girl, which she ignored. "Everyone here deserves to believe whatever it is they believe. And nobody should come in here and tell us otherwise." 

"But when Ramon Costa says it doesn't, then it doesn't matter." Bette replied to the girl. 

Carla scoffed. "That's pathetic Betty."

"Carls..." Zach tried to calm her cousin down.

"You know what? I'm out." Carla said feed up with this toxic environment.

"Me too." Neveah said following her out the room.

"Carla. Neveah." Shane and Zach tried stopping the girls but they continued to walk out.