Chapter 85: The Room King

"Each student dorm building holds one class. Girls on the right, and boys on the left. But the first floor is the common area. Food, baths, and laundry are on this floor."

People began moving about excitedly, but I simply glanced around, keeping an eye on Chai.

The floor was made up of wood panels, all a pale tan-ish colour. Atop the floor, there were green carpets leading down halls and stretching to reach underneath lime coloured couches, which were arranged around tables in the front area of the building. Light green walls sported floor-to-ceiling, arched windows in the front, and smaller rectangular windows that gave views into the courtyard.

Grey columns separated the arched windows out in front, and small circular lights in the ceiling lit up the room.

Each side had an elevator up to higher floors, and circular lights protruding from the walls to light up the pale yellow halls.

Everyone chattered as they looked around, with various exclamations.

"There's even a courtyard!"

"So spacious! So clean! And a sofa!"

"It's like a mansion!"

I almost smiled as Uraraka fell to the ground, but I was suddenly distracted by Mineta's perverted mutterings.

But his excitement was luckily cut short by Mr. Aizawa.

"They're separated by gender."

Thank goodness. If the laundry and baths were shared...

My lip curled down at the thought. Mineta would probably terrorize us...

"You better watch yourself." He warned Mineta.

"Yes sir."

He then led us upstairs, through a hallway with pale lime carpets lined with dark green doors. We went into one to explore the room, and Mr. Aizawa continued his explanation of the layout. "The rooms start on the second floor. There are four rooms per gender on each floor with five floors total. Everyone gets their own room. They're luxurious spaces equipped with their own AC, toilets, fridges, and closets."

Late night snacks! I can keep cold late night snacks in my room! And If I keep a glass of water in the fridge, I won't have to deal with disgusting room-temperature water.

We looked around. From out on the balcony, Midoriya made an excited statement that I couldn't quite hear.

I carried Chai in my arms.

"This is about the same size as the closets we have at home," Yaoyorozu observed.

I knew that was true. I had gotten plenty of quality time in her closet.

"It's like a mansion!" Uraraka fell to the floor once more.

"Uraraka!"

Ignoring what just happened, Mr. Aizawa continued. "These are your rooms. The belongings you sent ahead have already been placed inside your rooms, so unpack and get settled in today. I'll tell you more about what will happen from now on tomorrow. That's all. Dismissed!"

"Yes, Mr. Aizawa!"

~