Chapter 78: Villainous!

QnA announcement!!!

So, I will be doing another QnA for my 200K reads special!

You can ask me anything, as long as it isn't too personal (like where I live. You don't need to know that). But questions about the book are welcome (but not for spoilers) and about me. Before you ask questions though, make sure to check out my previous QnA so there are no repeats.

Ask as many questions as you'd like (I mean it. 100 works if that's what you want)!

Ask your questions HERE! (Not at the bottom of the chapter please)

I'll post my answers once I'm got enough questions. Happy reading ❤️

I examined her as I took a slow drink from my cup.

She hadn't changed too much.

Her straight black hair hung down to the small of her back, an impossibly glossy raven curtain.

She wore an off-the-shoulder pale pink crop top paired with a dark rose knee-length skirt with black embroidery at the hem. Black fishnet stockings, some nice looking sneakers, and a tan clutch finished her look.

Who had time for this in the morning, honestly? (*cough* not me. A random t-shirt, a baggy hoodie and capris and I'm done lol)

As she shifted, making a dramatic fluttering motion with her fingers, I caught sight of her done-up face and manicure.

I had forgotten how pretty she was.

It was almost annoying...

She had hit the gene jackpot.

I could still remember the day she arrived at our middle school, just a couple weeks after school had begun.

The second she entered our classroom, her shoes clicking on the tiled floor, the students went silent, and stared.

She had stopped next to the teacher's desk, giving him a brief bow and smile, before introducing herself.

Even then, her accent had bothered me.

"Hello there! I'm Elena Mochizuki. Please call me Elena. I've just moved here recently from England, back into my father's hometown. I'm half-Japanese, half-British because of my mother, so I apologize if my Japanese isn't the best. I hope we can all get along."

The peculiar lilt that her English accent gave to her perfect Japanese was... something that didn't feel right.

Or maybe it was just the lies that I sensed from her. Because, the second the teacher left the room, she stopped being nice.

However, I never fully understood the heights of her harshness until we had a group project together.

It was all orders and critiquing. Nothing was good enough for her, and yet, we didn't see her put any work in until the day we handed everything in, where she added her piece.

And it was absolutely perfect.

Absolutely!

Which made it all the more frustrating.

I sighed silently, causing ripples to stir the smooth surface of my drink.

"Here's your order."

Shinso placed their orders on the counter in front of them.

"You look so tired. Didn't get enough sleep? Because your eyebags almost take over your face!" She smiled, her pretty features twisting cruelly. "Maybe a cold shower will help make sure you don't fall asleep on the job."