Just an update :')

Sorry if you were hoping for another chapter, but this is just an update on things:

Specifically, the new content guidelines.

So, as you may or may not know, Wattpad was bought by Webtoon. As a result, they've come out with new guidelines.

And I just thought I should quickly talk about what that means for this story.

First off, this story's rating will be changing to mature, since there is some graphic violence in this story. I personally hadn't thought of it as "mature" (I also thought that the label was for sexual content), but according to the guidelines it is, so that will be changing after I post this update. 

I did have my warnings up, but I feel like some people skipped it and others disregarded it. I had warned about the graphic violence, but in the comments there were still many people who seemed shocked by it. I've also gotten comments saying things like "I'm 'X' years old," and these usually concern me a good deal considering some of the content. Hopefully by labelling this mature that will be less of a problem.

However, this story's content also puts it at a risk of being taken down. Don't worry, I don't plan to get rid of this book. It will remain on Wattpad, I'll keep on updating here, replying to comments, etc. But, just in case, I do want to post it on another site as well.

(This is a quick edit, so you can see the parts of the guidelines that apply to this story and that concern me:

Mature Rating

Marking your story Mature does not mean that it can contain prohibited content. Stories that contain prohibited content will be removed regardless of their rating.

Mature stories are intended for an audience that is 17 and up. There are restrictions on discovering Mature stories on Wattpad that help ensure they reach the correct audience. A story may be rated Mature if it contains any of the following:

Explicit sex scenesSelf-harm themes or scenes (including suicide and eating disorders)Graphic depictions of violence; including but not limited to: sexual, verbal, emotional and physical abuse.

If you feel that your story fits our guidelines, but may include parts that aren't appropriate for younger readers, please rate your story Mature. 

...

The following are not allowed on Wattpad. This is not a complete list, and we have the right to remove any content that we find inappropriate. Any content that could put our community at risk will be removed. Wattpad has the right to close any account or remove content without notice.

... 

Content that contains lots of description might be rated Mature, and stories that glorify or do not "tell a story" might be removed.

...

We want to encourage healthy discussions about these issues, so content about recovery, survival or that portray the negative consequences of self-harm are acceptable on Wattpad.

Okay. Edit done)

I'm considering making an account on Ao3, since I've heard lots of good things about the site. I've never used it myself, but I could probably figure it out easily enough. I did take a quick look at the site, and you don't need an account to vote (kudos), read, or comment on stories there. You only need an account to post stories.

If I do make an Ao3 account, I'll probably post my edited chapters on there and update like that. I'll also post As Black As My Soul there (and possibly only there) and any future fanfics. There will probably also end up being stories solely on one account or the other.

Anyway, any advice here would help! Do you think I should make an Ao3 account?

Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw 

P.S. I have all my stories backed up on documents, so if this story is taken down it won't mean I lose the story.