Chapter 100: We need to talk

The next morning, during breakfast, the air was filled with gossip.

"Gossip," being... well, I wasn't sure what yet, but it was definitely 10x louder than usual— it was too early for this shit.

I usually sat with Todoroki, Uraraka, Midoriya, and the like, only occasionally sitting with Bakugo and his group of friends— but, today I didn't hesitate to slide in beside Mina.

I didn't think I could talk to Todoroki...

My face felt hot just thinking about the feeling of his lips against mine.

"Hey, (L/N)! Didja hear?"

I turned to Mina. "Hear...?"

"Bakugo and Midoriya got into a fight last night!"

My eyes shot across the table to Bakugo. He "tched," frowning viciously at his half-empty plate.

"Is that what all the buzz is about?"

"Yeah! Can you believe it?!" Kaminari butted in.

"The fuck? Of course I can. Hell, that's why it's so loud this morning?" I groaned, before glaring at Bakugo. "What were you so pissed about that you decided to brawl with Midoriya?"

"Why the hell are you assuming I was the one who started it?"

"Calm down, man," Kirishima plopped a hand on Bakugo's shoulder, placing his plate on the table.

His eye twitched in irritation.

Wow, he's in a mood, isn't he?

"I bet Midoriya gave him the what-for, and now he's having a hissy fit!" Kaminari antagonized.

Before Bakugo could snarl his reply, I cut in as smoothly as I could. "What was the fight about?"

Sure, I was asking again. But he had evaded the first time.

"That's none of your business, cocky bitch."

"Sure is, if it's the reason for today's headache. I've barely had any caffeine, and I wake up to deal with this?"

Alright, I was also in a bit of a mood. Last night was hectic for both of us— just in... very different ways.

Mina leaned closer to me, to whisper in my ear, "I heard that All Might was the one who broke them up. He didn't let Mr. Aizawa do it, even though that makes tons more sense!"

Now I was suspicious. "Does it have anything to do with All—"

"I said it's none of your business, scar face."

I went rigid.

But, even with the emotions boiling inside me, the intense emotions coming from Bakugo and me hesitant to snap anything in response.

He feels so... distressed??? I guess that makes sense... there's no other way he'd use that nickname again otherwise.

I stood up abruptly. "We need to talk."

"Like hell we do."

I took a breath, trying to calm myself. Then I started walking, throwing a glance behind my shoulder as I called, "Hurry up, you arrogant bastard."

"What the fuck did you just call me?!"

~

Third Person

(^Bc everyone keeps correcting me, even though it was a joke...) 

Kaminari whistled lowly as the three that remained at the table watched (L/N) and Bakugo walk away. "That sure escalated quickly."