Chapter 89: It's my hobby so...

After my early dinner, I headed to the Development Studio. Maybe some time doing some creating would help me think up moves and adjustments to my costume. Maybe it would help take my mind off of everything.

And Kikai-chan always had some good ideas.

I was sitting at one of the tables, sketching out some plans, when I heard muffled noise from the hallway.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Mei cock her head, before resuming her tests on one of her new inventions.

Then I saw what she was attempting next.

"Wait a minute, Mei—"

The explosion slammed me hard against the edge of the desk, and coated my face in soot and grease. There were yells from the hallway.

I had shut my eyes in time, and rubbed grime off the top of them before opening my regular eyelids. "Kikai-chan, what was that about!"

I couldn't see her through the smoke, but I could hear something just outside.

"Owww..."

The smoke cleared enough for me to see Power Loader had headed to the doorway to scold her. "You know, you really shouldn't put everything you think of together!"

"I second that!" I called.

She just giggled. "'Failure is the mother of invention,' Mr. Power Loader, as Thomas Edison once said. Even if what I made doesn't work the way I planned, that doesn't mean it was a waste of time—"

I got up, walking over to the doorway.

"This isn't the time for that! Will you listen to me for once, Hatsume?"

I scoffed at the thought.

"Oh? When did you get here?"

It took me second, but then what I saw before me clicked. Mei was on top of Midoriya.

Mei was on top of Midoriya!

He opened his eyes, and immediately started stuttering.

A sudden strong emotion had my head snapping towards Uraraka.

Oh, they're here too.

Mei got up off Midoriya, and he stood up awkwardly. "Sorry about the sudden explosion!"

"You don't sound very sorry..." I muttered.

She laughed in reply. "It's been a while, huh? Hero course students um... I've forgotten all of your names!"

"Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida." I pointed them out to her.

"Right!"

Iida seemed agitated, and he began chopping his hand wildly as he reintroduced himself. "I'm Iida Tenya! I'm the man you used as an advertising tower during the sports festival tournament!"

He's still upset about that...?

"I see!" She turned abruptly. "Well, I'm busy developing my babies so...!"

Midoriya hurried forward after her as she strode back into the studio. "Um, wait— I wanted to ask Mr. Power Loader about improving my costume..."

She stopped, spinning back. "Improving your costume?"

Oh no...

She was in his face in seconds. "Sounds interesting!"

"Hatsume."

She froze.

"It's fine for you to come in and out of the studio, but if you go wild in here any more, I'm going to banish you!"

"U-um..." Midoriya started.

Power Loader cut him off. "I've already heard from Eraser Head and (L/N). You're here about changing your costumes as you develop your ultimate moves, right? Come in."

He led them in, and I followed behind, returning to the blueprints I was planning.

"It's like a secret hideout in here!" Midoriya exclaimed in awe.

I tuned out of their conversation, opting to try to focus on my plans.

In a matter of minutes, Iwas distracted by squeaking from Midoriya, and looked up to find Mei feeling him up.

"Yes, yes, I see."

"Kikiai-chan!" I shot up from my seat.

She spared a hand to give me a dismissive wave. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N)! I'm just touching his body. Yes, yes, much more solid then he looks. Like (Y/N)!"

An embarrassed heat rose to my cheeks. "Really, Mei, you shouldn't be—"

"Very well, you can use... my baby that I'd been saving, a powered suit!"

"No." She paused at my tone. "We already ran a couple tests on that, Kikai-chan. You really need to adjust it a little more before you can actually test it on someone— it could break bones on accident!"

"Aww, but (Y/N)!"

She drew out my name, but I rolled my eyes, refusing to give in. "Let him speak with Mr. Power Loader in peace. If you really want someone to test it, I will later. Alright?"

"Yes, yes, you've got it!"

Midoriya let out a breath of relief and turned to talk to Power Loader. Mei leaned over my rough plans, before snatching them from the desk. I didn't get the chance to protest as she started scanning my notes. "I'll make a couple adjustments for you!"

Somewhat reluctantly I nodded.

"Thanks, (Y/N)!"

Uraraka watched me with her head tilted, but it was Iida who spoke up. "(L/N)! Why are you here? Are you getting adjustments for your hero suit too?"

I sat back down, facing them. "Not exactly... I'm working on the plans for adjustments and support items, so not getting them, per se."

"You're working on the adjustments?" Uraraka said with confusion.

I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "I took both the exam for the Hero course and for the Support course. I got into both programs, so I talked to Mr. Power Loader to get license to work in the Studio. It's my hobby so..."

"Ohhhh that's so cool! That's how you know... her?"

She referred to Mei in an odd tone, and I could tell that she rubbed Uraraka the wrong way.

Probably because she had her hands all over Midoriya.

"Yeah."

Iida, who had just left to talk to Power Loader, started yelling.

We both glanced over to see Kikai-chan had equipped Baby #36 onto him, and that things were going horribly wrong.

I feel almost like a babysitter sometimes...

~

"So, have you thought up any good moves?" Uraraka asked, as we walked back to the dorms.

"No... not really. I've got a couple ideas, but my quirk is a little peculiar, so I'm unsure of whether they'll work or not. I'll have to test them tomorrow."

"Ooh, that's good! I'm having a little trouble, but I've been dreaming about this for ages! I'm sure I'll get something good soon!"

"I'm sure you will."

What's this? Another chapter?

(But it's boring and nothing much???)

I'm getting reallyyyyyy excited now! Bc some of my most anticipated scenes are coming up!!! (And obviously one just passed last chapter heh)

Not much to say today, honestly. Maybe tomorrow??? (Hint hint)

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Till next time, bai Marshmalløws!

-Cøcøa-Malløw