Chapter 82: Let us begin then!

Before this chapter starts, a quick shoutout to fridbjorglilja123! They're new to writing, to check out their stories and give them a little love, constructive criticism, and some positive comments!

(If you're following me and want a shoutout for you and your story, just reply to my thank you on your message board!)

'Meet up at her house.'

That's what Yaoyorozu suggested we do.

So here I found myself, in front of the huge gates of her house, with all the papers she had listed.

It had been exhausting to say the least.

Since I wasn't allowed near the house, I had to request for a couple police officers to go ahead and scour the house to try and find these stupid pieces of paper.

I pressed the call button next to the gates. "Erm... h-hello?"

"(L/N)! Come in, come in! I've got some tea waiting for you."

The intricate wrought iron gates swung open smoothly, and —feeling somewhat out of place— I walked up to the huge mansion.

The huge, carved double doors were flung open, inches from hitting my face, and Yaoyorozu excitedly ushered me in.

I frowned, giving her an odd look.

"O-oh. My apologies for my haste. I hope I'm not being over-enthusiastic? I don't usually have the opportunity to talk finances with anyone."

"Ah... I see."

Suddenly feeling rather awkward, I tilted my head, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Uh..." I took a sweeping glance around the room, spotting multiple doors. "Where are we going?"

"Right! Right. We usually use the hall when entertaining guests, but seeing as it's simply the two of us... I thought we could go up to my room to discuss matters?"

"Alright then... lead the way."

~

A couple twists and turns through gorgeously decorated hallways and one trip up a grand staircase later... and I found myself entering a huge, extravagant bedroom.

As I glanced around, all I could think about was how many meals a person could get out of this.

She sat down at a small table, and I followed suit, sitting across from her.

"Have you brought all the papers?"

I nodded, pulling the sheets out of my bag. "All of them. It was a little hard to find them all."

"Let us begin then! Our tea will arrive shortly."

~

I flopped backward onto the plush carpeted floor, feeling drained.

"Sorry, (L/N). Just a couple more calls, alright? We're almost done."

I glanced out a window.

It was getting dark.

After a moment of contemplation, I stood up, and made my way over to the light switch at the side of the door.

After I had flicked it on, I closed the curtains one by one.

Sitting back down, Yaoyorozu flashed me a grateful smile while letting out an "mhm" into the phone.

"Perfect! Yes, yes. Of course."