Chapter 66: Is he toying with me?

I shakily pushed myself up from the floor, and looked around.

It was some sort of bar...

I glanced up, to find Shigaraki staring down at me.

A small group of villains stood around him.

"(Y/N) (L/N) and Katsuki Bakugo." Shigaraki grinned.

I grimaced.

I slowly got to my feet, winching slightly as my weight shifted onto my ankle. I was surprised that they hadn't stopped me.

From behind me, I heard yelling ensue, and I turned to see Bakugo trying to break Dabi's grip.

It was now, in better light, that I fully took in what he looked like.

A black-haired man dressed in a long, open dark blue coat, with a loose white shirt that dipped low down his chest underneath it. He wore navy pants and boots, and metal bands around his arms where his coat sleeves ended above his elbow. Below that was heavily burnt and scarred tissue that ended neatly stitched with metal rings holding the skin together.

His face was heavily scarred as well, with the line of where the burnt flesh and the regular skin met looking somewhat like a large, terrifying smile. The scarred flesh continued down his neck and stopped above his pecs. Semi-circles of burnt skin were held in place underneath his eyes, which were a startling shade of blue.

Seeing his scars reminded me of my own, and I quickly wrapped one arm around my midriff.

Bakugo continued yelling, bringing me back to the present.

"Let him go!"

Dabi stared coolly back at me as I tried to pry his fingers from Bakugo's neck.

Is he toying with me?

Then he smiled.

"Twice, take her."

Who...?

Suddenly my arms were pulled together from behind.

Out of instinct, I broke their grip immediately, spinning around to swing a kick at them.

I swallowed a cry of pain as I made contact.

It came out as a muffled umph.

As I stumbled to regain balance, I placed all my weight on the wrong foot.

"U-ugh, f*ck."

"Maybe you should watch your language."

Dabi lifted a hand, and blue flames began dancing in the palm of it.

Then he inched it towards my face, and I turned my face and pulled my head back to try to avoid the fire.

I tried to activate my quirk.

It didn't work.

Why wasn't it working?

I focused on my breathing, trying not to let my panic show.

"Now, why don't the two of you simply behave and let us tie you up?"

I rolled my eyes.

The flames grew suddenly, and I flinched back.

"That's what I thought."

~

We watched the TV as Shigaraki flipped through the different news channels, which were all reporting on the incident that had occurred not too long ago.

A man was speaking to the two other hosts when Shigaraki shut the TV off, cutting the man off mid-sentence.

"I'm really grateful for all the publicity we've been getting." He turned to us. "Hey, don't you agree...? Katsuki Bakugo... (Y/N) (L/N)..."