Chapter 75: I wasn't active

<3

I just couldn't stop myself.

As I showered, my thoughts returned to the fight.

More specifically, to All For One.

And what he had said.

That they had been experimenting with multiple things... including merging quirks.

What did that make me?

I wasn't sure.

My quirks... who did they belong to?

Were any of them mine?

What were they?

I couldn't figure out what they might be.

So... my quirks weren't mine, and there was a chance that my thoughts weren't mine either.

I carried so much that didn't belong to me... and I couldn't give it away either.

That made me wonder... who was I?

I hadn't asked myself that question before, but now?

Now I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it.

Who am I?

No one.

Nobody worthwhile.

Nothing.

I didn't like the answers I gave myself.

Even as the water ran clear, without blood or suds, I stood underneath the hot water, searching for the right answer.

But how could I possibly know when it was the right answer?

I finally turned the water off, stepping out of the shower onto the mat.

I took the spare towel from where it was hanging, and proceeded to dry myself off.

My mind was swimming with thoughts that I wished I could shut off like I did with the water.

I tried to distract myself from my thoughts, but it only caused me to focus on the feeling that lurked in the corners of my mind.

I turned on the sink tap, filling my cupped hands with water.

I drank from my hands, which caused me to realize just how thirsty I was.

I turned the tap off.

It's a parasite. I decided.

It drained me just like the sink drained water.

It drained me of happiness and energy and left me with nothing.

It was a parasite.

It fed off my insecurities, my memories, my pain.

I turned away from the sink.

Sh*t.

I didn't have any clothes to change into.

I briefly entertained the thought of running for it —for my room— but I quickly shut that idea down.

I had two reasons: A) I didn't feel like running, it was a waste of energy

And B) It was too risky. What if someone saw me? That would be mortifying!

Letting out a sigh, I pulled on my old clothes.

It took me less than a second to glance at my ruined shirt, and think, f*ck no.