Chapter 99: ...didn't pass?

After my trip to the infirmary and changing back into my school uniform, I found myself standing with my class waiting for our scores.

"Okay... everyone, thanks for all your hard work... Now, I will announce the results. But before that, I will tell you about the scoring system."

He gave a quick explanation that I barely listened to, and the result of the exam appeared on the board.

I hurriedly checked the board for my name.

(Y/N) (L/N)! It's there! I passed!

A sigh of relief escaped.

I wasn't the only one relieved, as other people around me let out held breaths.

"It's not there!" Bakugo growled.

No way.

I choked, attempting to swallow my laughter.

"Todoroki!"

Against my will, my head snapped to see who was calling for him.

It was Inasa, walking up to Todoroki. Suddenly, he did one of his intense bows. "Sorry! It's my fault you didn't pass!"

...didn't pass?!

"It's because I was too narrow-minded! I'm sorry!"

"I started it in the first place. Don't worry about it."

"But—"

"There were things I realized thanks to you confronting me directly, too."

I'm glad that they both get that they messed up, but the fact that Todoroki did that still ticks me off!

"Todoroki... didn't pass?" Mina sounded confused, but it made sense.

Both Midoriya and Yaoyorozu were concerned for him but honestly— with the way he acted, he deserved to fail.

"Um, next we will pass out your results," Mera said, and employees of the Heroes Public Safety Commission handed us our sheets.

"They will have a breakdown of your scores, so please look over them carefully.

People checked each other's sheets and their own as they were handed out, and I waited patiently for mine.

"(L/N)."

"Thank you." I smiled awkwardly, taking the sheet.

"The cutoff score was 50 points. We scored based on a demerit system. You can see how many points were taken off for which actions all listed out on the printouts."

-3 points for not having the injured man check for dangerous debris

-5 points for implying that his daughter could be hurt

-7 points for swearing in front of children

-7 points for acting out of line in a fight

-15 points for irresponsible overuse of quirk

I started at the sheet, incredulous.

"What's with that look on your face, (L/N)?"

Mina peered over my shoulder. I hid my sheet from her.

"I lost 7 points for 'swearing in front of children.'"

Her eyes went wide, and she pursed her lips, before bursting into laughter.

I rolled my eyes, turning away.

63 points. I didn't pass with flying colours —not to any stretch of the imagination— but there were very few issues. There were only a few slip ups, a total of 14 points taken away due to me screaming at Inasa and Todoroki, and 15 for that large use of my quirk to keep the villains at bay.