Chapter 70: Who ordered pizza?

I woke up sweating profusely and breathing heavily.

My wrist had a cotton ball taped to it with medicinal tape, so I guess that I ended up getting the shot while I was out.

Bakugo was now untied, and so was I.

"Ah, you're awake. So—"

There was a knock at the door.

I turned, and so did Bakugo.

"Hello, this is Pizza-La, Camino store."

There was a silence.

Who ordered pizza?

Then the wall crashed in, and I heard a shout.

"Smash!"

All Might?! Please... let it be All Might.

"What the...?!"

"Kurogiri, gate!"

'Kurogiri, gate'? Kurogiri must be the warp gate man then...

The debris floating in the air cleared enough for me to make out blonde hair.

"Pre-emptive Binding... Lacquered Chain Prison!"

Was that...?

Trunks of wood wrapped around all the villains, including my father.

"A tree? What the heck?!" Dabi began to use his quirk, but in a blur of yellow and with a gust of wind following him, an elderly man wearing a black mask and a caped costume kicked him.

"Don't be impatient. It'd be in your best interests to stay put."

"Just what I'd expect from one of the most competent new heroes around, Kamui Woods! And the veteran faster than the eye can see, Gran Torino! You can't run anymore, League of Villains! Why? Because we are here!"

"Right after that press conference... don't tell me this was pre-arranged?"

"Tree man, stop pulling me! Push!"

"No! No!"

"When one is on the offensive, one neglects defence most. We're not the only ones here from the Pizza-La Camino store." Edgeshot slid through the crack between the door and its frame, before pulling open the door.

Special-force police stood outside.

"Outside, you're surrounded by skillful heroes, like Endeavour, and the police."

"I'm sure you were scared... you did a good job bearing it."

I tried not to think about how awful I looked at the moment.

Like more of a nightmare than usual, probably.

"I'm sorry. It's fine now!"

My dad's quirk... why isn't it affecting them? Wait... I can sense Bakugo's irritation beside me... does that mean his quirk does turn off? No... then what was different now? He was... he was...

He was trapped! Then being constrained is some sort of trigger that makes his quirk useless! Interesting...

"I-I wasn't scared! Not even close, dammit!"

I said nothing.

"After I went through all that trouble to prepare this... Why are you coming to me, you last boss?"

Why does this dude always think out loud?

"Kurogiri, bring as many as you can over!"

"Nomus, I presume?"

Turning the Tables [Shoto Todoroki X Reader] - PART 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara