Chapter 88: What is going on?

I knew what he was going to say, but I still wasn't quite ready for it.

"Really?!"

He nodded. "However, there are some things that we need your help with..."

He felt almost... apologetic?

My excitement wavered. This...

"What do you mean?"

His eyes slid to the side for a moment, and I could see him fiddling with the cuffs of his blazer.

"We've got the names of the main quirks that they merged within you, but..."

He stopped again.

I "tched" softly before I could stop myself, but it prompted him to continue.

"But, we don't have the abilities of these quirks. As well, the merging the quirks could've mutated them, cancelling out abilities and making new ones. To understand the possibilities of your merged quirks, you'd... Well, your father has to share that information, and All For One doesn't have it at all."

This isn't going in a direction I like...

"Can't you make him talk?"

After a moment, All Might responded, "He said he would willingly share all other information he had on you if you came to talk to him."

The final flames of my excitement were doused with freezing water.

"I..."

I swallowed harshly. "Let's go."

Surprise. Concern.

"Go...?"

"To the station."

"Now? Young (L/N), are you sure—"

"Please."

My voice cracked, drawing out the vowels pleadingly.

Before I lose my nerve. Before I can second-guess myself, change my mind. I need to know.

"Alright. Let's go."

That was all he said. He didn't try any further to convince me otherwise, not even a remark on how this may not be the best idea, or a double check on whether I was sure.

He looked at me, and stopped.

I wonder what he saw in my expression...

~

All Might first made a call to Mr. Aizawa, explaining on our way to the station, then called the station to inform them we were coming.

It didn't take long for us to arrive, and we were herded into a relatively small room.

There were monitors which allowed us to see into a room where my father sat with handcuffs on, an empty table in front of him, and another chair across.

It seemed to be a bland room.

After a few moments, Mr. Tsukauchi entered dressed in his policeman garb, with a two way radio in one hand.

"Alright, let us get on with it. Care to tell us what you know?"

Speakers from somewhere in the room allowed their words to reach us.

"I'm only going to tell it to (L/N)."

Mr. Tsukauchi lifted the radio, and there was a crackling from beside me.

The matching radio was then passed to me by an unfamiliar officer.

I was nodded a go-ahead.

"Hello?"