Chapter 98: Do something...!

After dropping the man off, I aided a little in helping other students locate the "injured" HUC workers, before returning to the treatment area to help with the rescued there, using my quirk to calm them down and create a sense of safety.

It was then, that there was a rumbling, and an explosion in a wall not too far away.

"Everyone, the scenario for the exercises...!" I heard a familiar voice exclaim, from the other side of the area.

Midoriya! The scenario.... a terrorist attack!

Gang Orca appeared from the gaping hole in the wall, and black-suited villains poured out from behind him.

"Villains have appeared and started their pursuit! Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the villains," The announcer declared.

"Get everyone to safety! Toward the back!" Shindo called, running towards the villains. "Get them as far away from the villains as possible!"

What should I do... I can help with any first aid and in keeping them calm, but I can't effectively move larger groups of them at once. I can multitask with my quirk a little, and I'm good at hand-to-hand combat...

"I'll keep hammering away at them with tremors at one-second intervals! I won't let them get close!"

My eyes went wide, as I saw Gang Orca appear in front of Shindo, even as I started helping the injured move farther away.

Shindo fell to the ground.

"Only a single rear-guard when there's this much of a difference in ability? Looks like you were underestimating us."

I paused, ushering a couple more people forward before turning to run over to get closer, to help Shindo.

Then ice was shooting towards Gang Orca, shattering as he used to quirk to protect himself.

Todoroki!

Backup had arrived.

A swirling wind blew back my hood, and Inasa landed. "Blow away...!"

The ice that Todoroki had trapped the villains in broke, and the strong gusts began to blow them away. "A villain attack? You guys have prepared some pretty hot developments!" He yelled.

A spike of irritation drew my attention to Todoroki.

Then they started to argue.

It's good that I stuck around...

"To arrive at the same time as you..."

"That's my line," Todoroki retorted, "Why don't you go help with evacuating the first aid station? That works with your quirk, right? I'll take care of this."

The angry strain of his voice was clearly audible.

That Endeavour comment, unsurprisingly, really rubbed him the wrong way.

At the same time, Inasa and Todoroki sent fire and air towards Gang Orca, diverting each other's attacks.

"Why'd you use your flames?! Heat makes air rise!"

"Because my ice was blocked earlier! Didn't you do that on purpose? Your wind blew away my flames!"

I cast my gaze backwards to the origin of sharp, furious disbelief. It was Midoriya, who had stopped in his tracks.

"You're the one who did it on purpose to keep me from getting all the glory!"

My eyes locked with Midoriya's, and I gestured to him to keep going.