Chapter 90: Love???

"Alright, Ojiro. Let's try this again."

He nodded.

"Thank you for being so patient with me on this," I apologized sheepishly, as I mentally reached out for him.

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. It's only right to help you with your training, and we both end up benefiting— you can test out your move, and I can learn from your fighting technique in the most accurate way possible!"

I hummed my agreement, feeling somewhat embarrassed by the compliment. "Okay, I think I've got it."

"Great. Ectoplasm, we're ready!"

"Very well. We will begin."

Two more clones split off from him, and rushed for us.

He's going for the far right one.

Then I'll cover the other two long enough that Ojiro can put his clone out of commission.

He's going straight in with an attempt for a punch in the gut.

The information flashed into my mind as I blocked the hit of one of the clones with a forearm, and jabbed an elbow into the side of the other, before hooking a hand onto its arm to twist it.

Its back was forced to bow backwards, and the clone fell to the floor once I had released, disappearing as it was defeated.

Block. Tail swing. He's now heading to ambush the final clone from behind.

Right. I'll try to crowd the clone, and move it backwards.

A successful swing through the stomach.

Ojiro let out a breath of relief, before smiling at me. "We did it."

I dipped my head, and a flurry of black swam across my vision. I shook my head, and my temples twinged.

"It'll take a lot of practice before I can do that long term."

Before Ojiro could reply, a new clone of Ectoplasm arrived. "Your Synchro-Swap seems to be working out well."

Midnight, who had been standing to the far side and had been surprisingly quiet, spoke, "Definitely. I think you can consider it one of your ultimate moves. It still needs a lot of work, but with the wonderful drive you youth have..."

"I'll continue to practice it."

~

Synchro-Swap: Using the "Fair Trade" and "Flashback" aspects of your merged quirk, you continually swap your planned next moves and thought process with your partner, allowing for near-perfect synchronization and silent planning. Obviously, you cannot use this move if you are working alone. As well, the constant trading of recent thoughts is very taxing for you, but it's easy enough to get into a rhythm once you start.

~

Then, there was a yell from the front of the gym. "That's enough, Class A! Today, Class B is scheduled to use this place in the afternoon. Eraser, hurry up and get out of the way."

I carefully slid my way down the slanted side of the cement as Mr. Aizawa responded, "We still have almost ten minutes. You're not good at using time wisely, Vlad."

I brushed myself off as I reached the floor, before jogging over to Midoriya, Kirishima, and Kaminari. The latter tossed a wayward glance and grin in my direction.

"Hey, did you know? The provisional licensing exam has a 50% fail rate. All of you should just fail!"

Yayyy Monoma.