[*Chapter Seventeen*]

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, me too." He said. "What's your first class?"

"History." Seeing as they had the same class, they decided to walk together.

Arriving at the classroom, Elena walked in and sat down in the middle aisle, Tyler two rows over, Caroline came in next and sat down next to her, then Matt, he sat by Tyler. Furrowing her brow, she looked around for Darcy and Stefan only to find their seats empty. Where were they? Darcy is never late for school, or any classes. Bonnie rushing in and looking flustered, distracted her from her thoughts, she hastily sped-walked to her seat on the other side of Caroline.

"Are you okay?" Elena mouthed concerned about her frazzled state. The Bennett witch nodded, turning her vacant stare to the front, as a man walked in and closed the door behind him.

"Good morning, everyone. Alrighty," New teach started. "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here from 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston." Darcy raised a plucked eyebrow thinking no one asked for a lifestyle. "Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grand-father, I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce 'Al-ric', but it's 'A-L-A-R-I-C', okay. So you can call me Ric. I'm your new history teacher."

💜🖤💜

(Meanwhile...)

A slender clenched hand repeatedly banged on the big broad brown door; numerous curses left plump red lips, voluminous inky curls swished-swayed as the lithe figure wobbled, purchasing balance. The door opened indigo met icy blue, and a leather-clad arm swung back launching a black six-inch stiletto at the smirking-cocky-bloodsucking-leech before anything unpleasant left his devious mouth.

"Ahh, what the hell?" Damon said, caught off-guard, feeling the sharp heel dig into his chest.

Two arms pushed him back from the archway, "Move asshole. I'm here to kill your brother." The huntress said, sliding gracefully around his well-built physique. Stopping at the carpeted stairs, she spun back feeling him breathing down her neck.

"That wasn't very nice," Damon said with a pout on his plump pink lips.

"Neither was you killing Lexi, but here we are," Darcy said shrugging unaffected. "Where's Stefan?"

"He's in la-la land." He answered with faux sweetness.

She didn't reply as she turned and bolted up the stairs, kicking off the other killer shoe as she went. Approaching the closed bedroom door, the angered woman pushed the handle down slowly and cracked the door, enough of a gap for her to slip through.

Stefan laid on his back, arms behind his head, sheets rested at his naked waist. Seeing as his eyes were closed Darcy stealthily crept as quiet as she could across the room to the bathroom, walking in her gaze swam around and lit up seeing a clear jug, filling it up with cold water she entered the bedroom, Damon had now joined. He was sitting beside his brother, being his pestering self as usual.

"What are you doing?" Damon mouthed, seeing the determination on her face.

She tapped a polished black finger to her lip, signalling him to be quiet. Sponge Bob fluffy socks padded effortlessly across the wooden flooring, stopping at the side of the bed, near the bunny munchers bed-ruffled head.

'Aww.' He looks so peaceful and relaxed, probably because he's not running around after his murderous brother. 'What a shame.' Lifting the jug, she tipped it over his head, icy water drenching his face and torso.

Not moving from his side. Darcy watched with glee as Stefan launched upright, gasping in shock, limbs flying all around. Her lips twitched as Damon fell off the bed from laughing too hard.