CH 45 Maybe, Just Maybe

Warning: LIGHT NSFW AHEAD! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Coco's POV:

"A-Azrael..." I mumbled softly, staring at my mate who hovered above me. His blind fold hid his eyes but I knew better what laid behind there.

Reaching my hand up, I pulled the blindfold off him. It fluttered slowly down to the ground as I swallowed hard.

Just as I expected, Azrael's eyes were completely pitch black as he continued to stare back at me with desire. He blinked once and swallowed hard, "I don't know how much longer I can control myself, Coco."

"It's okay, a little is fine." I said, wincing at the pain from my heat.

"Are you sure?" Azrael asked, for confirmation of my consent.

I nodded, "Yes, I'm sure."

Not a second after, Azrael swooped down to my neck and started trailing kisses. Heat pooled between my legs as I clenched my legs together tighter. My body ached as each second passed, but my heat was slowly going away. The pain that made my body burn was getting soothed as my mate continued to touch me.

Did I just say mate?

Mist purred, nodding as to confirm what I had said.

I swear I had cut the link with her.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice how Azrael moved his hands over the mounts of my breasts as he squeezed them gently. His trails of kisses continued further and further down my body. Losing my control, another moan slipped out, as I quickly covered my mouth again.

A chuckle sounded throughout the room, Azrael smiling. "It's fine, I want to hear you." He said, reaching to pull my hand away from my mouth.

My heart raced watching the man in front of me.

"You're so beautiful." He mumbled, stopping all movement and admiring my body.

His lips soon sought for mine. Our tongues battled for dominance but it was obvious he won. I moaned in our kiss, tangling my fingers into his hair.

Feeling the tug of his hair, Azrael groaned.

"Fuck.. you really are something, Coco." He whispered against my lips, kissing me on the cheek.

Just when I think we're going to go any further, Azrael stops. I look at him in wonder, my eyes curious. "You're not going to do anything else?" I asked.

He laughed, "No. You're not ready. I promised that it was only going to be a little."

"Oh..." I said, not realizing how disappointed my tone of voice was.

"Hm? Are you upset we stopped?" Azrael said, smirking.

"Hey... I'm not the one with blue balls right now." I resorted, face red.

"Touché."

Silence filled the room as Azrael rolled over to the side and lifted my head up gently so I would lay on his arm. "Come here, I want to hug you." He whispered.

I nodded, scooting closer to him.

Although broken, our bond hummed, sizzling. My skin tingled at his touch and for once in my life, after a very long time, I felt safe.

We stayed in silence for awhile, until Azrael spoke.

"... I know this means nothing now, Coco, but you're everything to me. I hope one day you can forgive me and I'll spend the rest of my life if you want, for your forgiveness. I'll do anything... just give me another chance." Azrael said, squeezing me tight.

I breathed slowly, my heart racing. I wasn't sure if I should forgive him or not... he really broke me. Played with my feelings. All for popularity. It's like I meant nothing to him and he only felt bad after he saw what he did.

'But... that was a long time ago, human. There's a chance he could have changed. Our mate has been trying the entire time to get our forgiveness. Don't you think it's okay to give him one chance?' Mist said, trying to reason with me.

... Maybe.

Azrael kissed my head, whispering. "You don't have to give me an answer now. I'll wait as long as it takes for your response."

I nodded, my eyelids feeling heavy.

I'll give him a response tomorrow.

And for once, I felt like we had gotten closer. And I was flattering just a bit. More than a bit in accepting him.

I just needed to make up my mind if I was willing to give him my heart again. In truth, I'm scared to fall in love. I've seen people fall in love and get crushed. They come out of the relationship either wiser or more broken than they were before.

That... or they are trapped in a toxic relationship because they're scared to leave. Or that they're stuck with the idea that the person will change.

Which we all know they won't.

I'm terrified of the idea of love in general.

What if I give all of me and lose myself in the process again? I've kept people at a distance most of my life because I was scared to get hurt.

If I kept distance, then if they left, it wouldn't hurt as much. If I expect the worse, then it'll lessen the disappointment I'll have in the end.

Some people just use, abuse, and dispose of you.

The three basics I've stuck by most of my life.

However, I see that nothing will change if I'm being negative. There's always some good with the bad. Even though it's hard, I could try.

Maybe I could... try to do something different.

My heat started to fade away through the night as I drifted to sleep, lost in my thoughts. The last thing I was feeling was the soft caress on my head.

And the tender kisses of adoration from Azrael. With his whispers of how much he was sorry.