CH 26: Baby Sitting

I was infuriated when I stomped to my room to find a note on my door that said...

Thank you for taking on the job of taking care of our precious little girl while we're away for our oversea careers!
It means the world to us!
You'll not be just a baby-sister, but a nanny!
Don't worry, we promise you'll receive a high pay!
Please say thank you to your mother on our behalf.
She has such a reliable daughter!
Here are the following things you need to do everyday.

1. Make breakfast
2. Do the dishes
3. Do the laundry
4. Sweep the house
5. Play with Rhea
6. Make lunch

I skimmed quickly through the list, knowing it would be long as hell until I reached a map of where her parents house was. Groaning, I was eager to rip up the paper but decided against it. It's not like I agreed to do this fucking job, it was my mothers doing.

Snatching the note off my door, I rush in to grab my belongings I'll need for the day. After stuffing them all in my bag, I rushed out the door and searched for Rhea's room. As I walked out the pack house and into the fields, I debated on many things that kept me thinking.

What were my  pros and cons for this job?

Some pros would be that I earned a favor from her parents, mom would be pleased with me, I would be busy and occupied to do something with my life, and I get free food.

The cons would be that I disliked kids.

Rolling my eyes, I stop in front of a door. Digging in my pocket for the map, I motion my hands in a weird manner as I pretend to move around. Knowing that I landed in the right spot, I knock on the door loudly and firmly.

Not a second after, a small, "Hello? Who's there?" Answered.

Putting on a soft but hopefully not noticeable fake voice, I replied sweetly, "Hi! It's me, your nanny. My name is Coco Reed. Your parents sent me to take care of you while they were away. Could you open the door, please- uh, Rhea?"

A minute passed when I heard locks unfasten as the door opened quickly with a creak. There, revealed a small but not too small, beautiful little girl.

She stared at me blankly and stepped aside. "Come in."

"Thank you." I said, frowning slightly that she didn't have a smile on her face. Didn't most kids have lots of giggles or smiles on them?

Once I stepped through the door, I was struck by how jaw-dropping the interior of the house was. There was a chandelier on the ceiling, shining brightly. The walls were decorated gorgeously, leaving no area of the wall untouched to its beauty.

Damn, talk about rich people.

Then again, most packs were rich depending on the alpha and Luna.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I ask, "Where will I be staying?"

Rhea didn't say anything as she walked away to go upstairs. I took off my shoes by the front entrance and put it in the closet, running to catch up with her. As she lead me to my room, I continued to admire the paintings and the floors.

She really lives high class.

We came to an abrupt stop, her hand wrapping around the doorknob and opening it. I was once again smacked in the face with the sheer loveliness of the house.

Not watching my language, I blurted out, "Damn, this is my room?"

Quickly realizing my mistake, I covered my mouth quickly but Rhea didn't seem to have a reaction to it. She just pointed in the room and said, "This is your room for the time being. If you need anymore assistance around the house, feel free to call a maid by the button over your nightstand."

I didn't get to have a word out before she whisked away, not paying mind to me.

From then on out, I believed my mothers words.

She really isn't like any other child I've met.

The real question was, what was her problem?

A/N: Did anyone expect that Rhea would turn up to be like that? Don't worry, I put it like that for a good reason. Who's excited to see her again? More importantly, anyone know why Rhea is acting this way?