CHAPTER 4

I cursed silently in my head.

'This can't be happening...'

My wolf smirked, her tail swishing back and forth with excitement. 'You better believe it's happening. I've been waiting for so long for our mate! Go to him!'

I shook my head, disagreeing.

Forcing my body to obey, I snap my head back to the situation at hand. Sierra and Naomi were still hissing at each other, while a few other werewolves were recording, laughing and pointing how sick it would be to post it on Snapchat.

It was difficult to not roll my eyes, but gave up.

I didn't feel like defending anybody today.

'You never do anyways, what's the point?' Mist points out, snarling the last part out. She was in a bad mood due to me not doing my part on finding my mate.

I could care less.

'You said you would give him a chance! Why don't you check if he's the same or not?!' My wolf pleaded, whimpering in my head.

Sighing, I excused myself and strutted over to him.

His face instantly lights up like Christmas decorations in the evening. The smile of his pearly teeth reaching from one ear to the next.

Why is he even excited?

I'm just going to interrogate him and find out how he's changed from back then to now.

Standing still, I had to look up just to have my eyes meet his. He slowly tilts his head down to gaze back down at me, the smile on his face still evident.

Placing a hand on my left hip, I stare up him.

His eyes were gorgeous, but I shook those thoughts out of my head. They were not my real feelings, they were my wolves.

Taking a calm breath in, I softly spoke, "Azrael, it's nice to see you again."

He nods, "Likewise," pausing to admire my looks, "you've grown beautiful but you were always beautiful back then as well."

I fought off a blush, hating that the bond was already setting in place. I knew why he came here, because of the alphas close friend but I wanted to know more.

Just as I opened my mouth to ask him what his intentions were, Cornelius wrapped his arms from behind me and placed a kiss on where my future mark would be.

A growl instantly escaped from Azrael, causing Cornelius to rise a brow at him.

"What's up with this dude, babe? I'm just marking my territory," he explains possessively, trailing his fingers in circles on my shoulders.

I force out a laugh, "He's an old friend from my childhood that just came here from our Alpha's friend's pack house. He's not threat to your position, no worries babe. I'm all yours."

A satisfied hum vibrated from Cornelius, but as I looked up to meet Azrael's blazing gaze, I noticed how sadden and sorrowful they were.

Just like that, Cornelius wrapped up our conversation by saying, "Well, see you around new kid. Don't try stealing my girl alright? Let's go, Coco. Sierra and Naomi made up and are cool again."

I nodded in his arms, leaning into him as we walked away back to our group of friends.

Behind me, I could still feel his eyes.

The emptiness that seemed to want to burst out and cry.

***

Class ended and lunch was starting.

I was heading to the bathroom to wash my hands when a hand yanked me into a room. I tried to shriek but the hand instantly placed their gloved hand on my mouth, preventing me from making a single squeak.

With the door closed with a gentle click, I struggle and push their hands off me.

"What do you think you're doing, you sicko!" I yelled, ready to throw hands. Whoever it was, they blocked my hits, not making a sound.

I panted, losing count of how many times I attempted to throw a punch. My eyes squinted to get a clearly look at who was with me, but I couldn't.

Werewolves could only see better in werewolf form, especially with night-version. Since I'm in my human form, it doesn't help a bit.

I stumbled around, trying to look for the switch.

The person must have noticed my struggle and flicked the little light switch on the side of the door. Recognizing my surroundings, it explained why I was bumping into a load of shit.

It was the janitors closet.

Rubbing my temples, I turn around to see my kidnapper.

It was none other than Azrael.