CH 24: First argument

"I have to what?!"

"Yes, you have to babysit for the next few weeks." My mom re-stated, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall with a scowling look on her face. Then again, I never saw anything else besides that after the accident.

"Are you serious?" I exclaimed, my face basically furrowed.

"No, I'm totally not serious. You may eat some fucking dick instead. Yes, I'm serious. Her parents are busy and they're a close relation to the beta family." She sarcastically snapped back.

I groaned, complaining, "She's probably going to be some brat I'm taking care of."

My mother came off the wall and stepped closer to my bed, looking down to my level with an intense stare of deadliness. "You'll be surprise then when you start babysitting her. Besides, I'm ordering you to. When you're carrying on the beta family name-"

"-you have many responsibilities, blah, blah, blah. I get it mom and I don't care." I lazily replied, showing my disrespect.

Mom inhaled a deep breath in, "You need to respect me. I am your mothe-"

"Shut up! You don't even act like a mother! Always ordering me around and telling me to do crap that I don't even enjoy to do! Where's Dad anyways?! Every time I bring him up, you always-"

Before I could even comprehend what happened next, a slap echoed throughout my room. My head whipped to the side from the impact. The left cheek of my face hazing up with red, throbbing from the hard skin to skin contact.

Heavy breathing was all I heard, my ears ringing.

"Do you know... how hard it was to raise you by myself? Single mothers are difficult, Coco. I wanted to tell you about him. So badly of how your father and I met and where he is now. However, based on your maturity level, I cannot."

The whipped my head back, baring my fangs, "Leave my room!"

"I'm your mom, you can't make me lea-"

I stood up to the speed of lighting and grabbed her by the arm, "You sure about that bitch? I'm almost to the age of consent in a few months. Leave my room."

She froze at my grasp, my steps heavy as I basically dragged and threw her out of my room.

As I slammed my door, huge tears welled up in my eyes. They rolled down my cheeks as I turned back and slid down my bedroom door, crying for the broken relationship of Mother and daughter.

***

"Babe, I think you should apologize to your mom." Cornelius said, his voice said in a soothing tone to calm my temperament down.

I swear that everyone was making my blood pressure high. I thought, popping a handful of more skittles into my mouth. I chewed angrily , still sulking that no one was taking my side.

Currently, I was on a Skype call with my boyfriend, explaining the situation that happened not-so-long ago. He gave me a grave smile and some sort of advice that was clearly not helping me in any shape or form. This only worsened my mood.

After I finished chewing, I tossed a skittle at my screen, grumbling, "At least you should take my side. You're my boyfriend..."

He shook his head in disapproval, "Even if we were friends, I still wouldn't take your side. Just because I'm your boyfriend doesn't mean I need to be on your side. I believe that you're wrong, so I'll take your mother's side on this one. Friends or any form of relationship don't need to side with the person just because they have a bond with them."

I hated it when he took the noble seat.

"Ugh, whatever. I'll think about it. I did say some harsh words to her, I guess." I admitted, recalling what I had previously screamed to her.

He smiles at me, grinning. "That's my girl. Hey, we still up for that date tomorrow evening?"

Already forgetting the encounter with my mother, I nodded vigorously. "Of course! We still need to make it up ever since my mom made me train Azrael."

Cornelius wrinkled up his nose at the mention of his name. "That guy again? Why do you keep bringing him up in our conversations? Don't you remember that he's the one who sent me to the infirmary?"

'And he doesn't think that he didn't send Azrael to the 'infirmary' as well? You need to dump this dude, human. Go get our man's, please.' Mist barked, arguing back where Cornelius couldn't even hear her.

'Hush for a moment, will you? I'm trying to plan a date. I couldn't care less if Azrael was hurt. He deserves it after what he put me through.'

Mist didn't reply to that, thinking back to our horrible memories.

"Hello? Babe?"

I blinked, "Oh, sorry. My wolf needed to talk to me about... uh... school."

He cocked a brow, "Okay..." he said, sounding dumbfounded that I cared about school.

"You actually care about education? I thought blondes didn't care for that sort of stuff." He muttered, sounding slightly disgusted.

I was taken aback from his abnormal behavior. "What the fuck, Cornelius? When did you start insulting me for my hair color? What's up with you lately? Ever since Azrael came to our sch-"

"There you go again with mentioning that piece of shit! He wants you, Coco. You don't think I know that he likes you? I'm not stupid! Besides, you're not even a natural blonde. Your hair color is brown, dammit." He yelled, veins popping out from his forehead.

I clenched my hands, "Well, you're the one who-"

He placed his forefinger up to the camera, "I don't have time to be arguing over something irreverent. We have a date to go tomorrow. Dress pretty." He said, ending the call.

I stared at the screen, tongue tied.

What the hell just happened?

A/N: Anyone have predictions what's wrong with Azrael?