CHAPTER 47

Coco's POV:

I sighed, dreading about my confrontation with Cornelius and the girls.

'You can do it human, I believe in you.' Mist said and for once, she seemed pleased with me.

'Thank you, I'll need it.'

I cut the link, taking a deep breath. It's alright, Azrael is just around the corner if things go wrong. He will never hurt me.

I smiled, my heart racing.

He really is... a good man.

All I needed to do was give him a chance.

Soon enough, I came face to face to the people I rather never see again. Frowning, I stood there staring at Cornelius and Nia in hatred.

"Look who decided to show up. I didn't think you'd come to school today." He said, grinning with mischief.

Nia giggled, "Yeah, thought you were busy crying like the bitch that you are."

God, I was going to play nice. But these people really deserve it...

So much for acting like an adult. My plans of being mature were thrown out the window. I mean, Azrael was right. People really expect me to have all the answers and to respond like a grown up.

A slap sounded throughout the hall.

"You're a piece of shit, Cornelius." I said calmly, slapping him hard in the face before stepping back.

My ex-boyfriend blinked in disbelief. Cornelius's head turned to the force of my slap as he wiped his busted lip. Nia quickly rushed to his side, helping him get his shit together.

"Oh, and I didn't forget you too." I added, staring at Nia dead in the eyes.

She looked confused before I punched her in the face, breaking her so-called perfect nose. Nia screamed as she held her nose, blood dripping out of it.

This caught the attention of whoever was in the hall.

And quite frankly, I didn't care. I could give less of a damn right now.

Nia continued sobbing and wailing. She quickly hid behind Cornelius. He was fuming, anger rolling off him in waves.

"The fuck is wrong with you, Coco? Are you that obsessed with me?"

I scoffed, laughing.

"Obsessed? You think I'm obsessed with you? Who in their right mind would be obsessed with you? No, I'm taking the trash out and putting both of you in your places." I relied coldly in disgust.

"Well, you punched my mate and slapped me. You're jealous because I dumped you."

I shook my head, smiling. "No honey, I'm dumping you. You cheated on me. True, she's your mate. But you'd think a smart person would break up with the person they're dating at the time, yes? Clearly, you lack that."

Voices from the bystanders were soon heard.

"Oh my god, Cornelius cheated?"

"Wow, what a loser."

"Poor Coco, no one deserves to be cheated on."

"Hey, I call dibs next. She's so hot."

I rolled my eyes at the last comment, focusing on the situation at hand. Suddenly, I smelled the scents of the people I knew too well. A low growl escaped from me as I frowned.

"What are you doing girl?" My so-called friends asked.

"Yeah! Isn't he your boyfriend?" Desiraé said.