CH 28: Demons from hell

Rhea's POV:

As I read the words on the book carefully and slowly, a loud shriek sounded throughout the mansion. Frowning, I got up to investigate the disturbance.

Who would make such a sound?

I was just getting to the good part of my book!

Lightly placing my chapter book on the table, I creaked open my bedroom door and walked aimlessly throughout the halls. I turned left and right, twist and turns as the screams and shouts got louder and louder until I found the source.

It was something that surprised me for the very first time in my life.

Coco was on the chandelier, holding onto it for her dear life.

"Kill it! KILL IT!" She screamed on top of her lungs.

I winced, my eyes sensitive from the amount of yelling she was doing. "Calm yourself, will you? It's just a spider. It won't kill you. Are you afraid of all bugs? We're werewolves you know. We shouldn't be afraid of nature because we live in it 24/7."

"Even the most powerful beings or things in the universe have a weakness or fear. No one is invincible, Rhea. Not even us or the werewolf race." Coco argued back with clenched teeth, her eyes still on the eight legged air-breathing arthropod.

I pondered on her argument, considering it something wise.

"Well? Are you going to get down, baby-sitter? I'm hungry." I demanded, feeling somewhat playful.

Her eyes widened in horror, "Hell to the no! Until that thing, who is a demon from hell is dead, I will not step a paw or foot down!"

Not being able to contain my laughter anymore, I fell onto the grounded and started rolling as my giggles echoed loudly.

When I finally stopped laughing, I tilted my head to see Coco's mouth gaped open in surprise, yet her eye held the biggest happiness in the world. Feeling embarrassed, I tried to look cool and brush it off by saying, "What? It's normal for people to laugh."

She smiles at me, completely forgetting that she was dangling on the chandelier like Miley Cyrus who came in like a wrecking ball. "That was the first time I saw you smile and laugh. It's very beautiful, I think you should keep doing it."

Not knowingly, my cheeks flushed red and I looked away quickly.

"Whatever... I'll toss this spider out for you since you volunteered to be my baby-sister or nanny..." I muttered, scooping up the eight legged creature before opening the door and tossing it out of plain sight.

Only for a bird to catch it in mid-air and eating it.

Poor spider, it lived a short life.

Turning my back to the fields, I closed my door with a slam. By then, Coco was hopping off the chandelier with a grateful sigh of relief.

"Thanks Rhea, you saved my as- behind. I meant behind." She said, quickly brushing off the almost swear word that escaped between her lips.

I quickly regained my composure and play it off. "Yeah, no problem."

Staring at each other for a full minute, we burst out in laughter.

"I can't believe you're that scared of spiders!" I joked.

Coco rolled her eyes at me playfully, "Shush, I know. Anyways, I'll go make your food now and you go head back upstairs. While we eat, we should talk about how I'll be in this house as your nanny. Along with you telling me more about yourself and your parents?" She suggested.

My skin runs cold at the mention of my parents, "No thank you. Just the food." I responded with a sneer before pacing myself upstairs with a cold shoulder.

She wouldn't understand, no one does.

Just as I reached the top of the stairs, she shouted, "My god, what's your problem?! We were just getting along too!!"

I didn't answer.

"God dang it, Rhea! For once, can you stop avoiding the subject?! Every time I bring up that I want to get to know you better or your parents, you run away!"

She hit the pain right on the spot.

I wanted to stay anonymous and not bring up the subject of my parents.

Ever.

Ignoring her, I slammed my bedroom door and went back to reading my chapter book. Something I always do to escape from reality.

A/N: Any predictions of why Rhea doesn't like talking about her parents?