CH 25: Hair color

"Stay still, Azrael." I scowled, trying to clean the blood off but he kept wiggling around. "How did you even open the wound again? At this rate, it'll leave a scar!"

He drooped his head, shrugging, eyes empty.

Clicking my tongue of how annoying he was acting, I pressed down on the slit of where the cut was with stinging ointment. He hissed at me, clenching his fists. I smirked, but felt bad when I noticed how much pain he was still in.

Gently rubbing the ointment, I apologized. "I'm sorry, Azrael. I was just ticked off with how you were acting and not answering me."

He blinked at me once, turning his head to the wall, "Well, we did have that argument yesterday, so that should explain why."

It might be so... but why did it feel like he was lying to me?

Biting my bottom lip, I quickly bandaged him up when I felt the soft caress of rough hands. My body stiffened at the contact, small sparks shaking my body to its core. Mist was howling happily, eyes bright with happiness from the touch of her mate.

In a flash, I lifted up my head to meet his eyes.

The ones that saw through me.

He cocked a brow, holding a single strand of hair from my head. "You know, I've been meaning to ask you since I arrived to this pack about your hair. Why is it that the top part is brown, while the rest is blonde?"

My lips trembled when I remembered this morning when Cornelius exploded in on me. He was absolutely furious with how I was involved in school and that I kept being up Azrael. Along with the fact about my hair, when he knew the truth of why it was blonde.

It was the first time I've seen Cornelius so angry.

Should I even consider telling Azrael? He already knew what I used to look like back then, so why the fuck not, right?

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I answered, "I dyed it."

Azrael frowned grimly, "Why?"

And then the tears came.

"You wouldn't understand, Azrael. I started from the bottom and wanted to be on top. When I finally met Cornelius, he was the popular boy. I wanted him to notice me, but only preferred blondes. I-I had to change myself just to even get the chance to be with him." I cried softly out.

Sniffling I continued, "We dated after he asked me out and I constantly made sure that my hair was kept blonde. Though, it seems like I had forgotten to this week and now he's noticed it. He's going to dump me."

"Why does he like the color blonde, anyways? Not that it's bad or anything." Azrael asked in a restrained voice.

Thinking for a few seconds, I weep out, "He likes blondes because he assumed they were brain dead and didn't give a shit about school. Aside from that, he's an amazing guy. It's just his preference in female wolves that needs to change."

I could feel the anger of aura coming from Azrael as he seethed out, "You shouldn't need to change yourself for a guy, Coco. A real man would accept you as you are, flaws with it all. If he says he loves you, it means he loves all of you."

I snapped my head to him, feeling defensive, "He does love me, he just has a way of showing it. Unlike you, who shows up here and ruins everything. You don't have a fucking right when you couldn't even do what you just said back then, you hypocrite!"

Azrael closed his eyes painfully, "I know, Coco. I've changed, just let me show you."

Shaking my head, I quickly applied the bandages on him and left. As I walked out the door, I heard the words, "Please, I don't have much time left," then again, I could have been hearing things.

I think.

A/N: Apologies for short chapter, guys. I've been struggling with a fever and keep coughing with all that dry mucus. I'll make it up to you guys, sorry for the trouble! ❤️