CH 8: Party

When I got home, the booming of music didn't surprise me in the slightest. I could hear glass shattering as a grown wolf male jumped out of the window, throwing his fists in the air.

"PARTY! WOOOO!!" He screeched, stumbling back inside.

'What an idiot.' Mist commented.

"For once, I agree with you." I replied with a smirk.

Mist let out a few chuffs in amusement before cutting off the link, not fully forgiving me for the damage I've caused for her happiness.

Our happiness...

My gut told me, but I shook off that mere thought.

As I reached the patio, I could hear the music become louder. The sweat and arousal thick, so much that I could choke on it. I nearly gagged when I swore I smelled the stench of sex in the air.

Pushing through the crowds, I tried to go upstairs into my bedroom until I spotted something or rather someone among the crowds.

Azrael was dancing with another girl, laughing with glee.

The girl was smiling, her hips swaying to the beat with her hands on his chest, caressing every inch of the muscle in his lean body.

I could hear Mist whimper and whine at the sight.

On the other hand, it didn't bother me.

This party was a welcoming celebration for him, after all. Besides, I rejected him. I didn't have a right to feel anything. I can't get involved and it would be none of my business of who he hung around with.

Mist did though and it affected my mood greatly.

The saying of a wolf is one with their human is true indeed. If the mood of the wolf or health of the wolf becomes negative, it turns their humans thoughts and actions negative as well. It goes vise-versa so the bond between human and wolf are deep, as one cannot replace the other half.

Feeling down in the dumps because of Mist, I marched over to where the drinks were.

Werewolves didn't have any laws against drinking and some states even allowed teenagers to drink at the age of 16.

Pouring myself some cups of vodka, I chugged down cup after cup until I felt buzzed. I felt so stressed from the recent events lately, I just needed to drink it out. I wanted to feel free and let myself out for a while, even if it was for a minute or two.

It caught the attention of nearby werewolves. After an hour of drinking, the attention was fully on me. I could somewhat hear the encouragement shouts of, "Chug! Chug! Chug!" or hear my name, "Go Coco! Go Coco, go!"

Eventually, I lost track of time.

It was probably 3am when I felt a hand placed firmly on my shoulder. My body shivered under their touch, heat pooling between my legs.

I slowly turned around, dazed.

Vividly, bodies laid on the floor. Some passed out, some were trying to stand, and some were trying to help their buddies head back to their rooms.

The hand on my shoulder squeezed more firmly, until I lifted my head to meet their scorching gaze. They were so gray and enchanting.

They were remarkable and I could feel myself losing in them.

I didn't recognize this man at first, but I knew he was my mate.

Joy filled my heart as I completely forgot my hesitation and worries. I soon launched myself into his arms, tripping midway into his embrace.

My feet couldn't keep up with the ground and I felt like I was floating on cloud 9.

"Coco... you're drunk." I heard him say in his disappointed tone.

It was a sigh I probably heard when I was lifted in the air. Little sparks from his contact caused me to giggle, feeling woozy. I laid my head on his shoulder and could have swore seeing his eyes switch from black to grey.

I wonder why...?

His chest was rising heavily, but wolves only came out if they were aroused or were angry.

As he carried me upstairs, I grew more tired. My eyelids couldn't keep up anymore since my body became sluggish. I didn't want to sleep yet though, I had just met my mate again!

A soft click of a door opened.

Before I knew it, I was laid upon a soft mattress.

It smelled like him.

My heart raced, pleased that I was in my mates room.

Little did I know, it was only the beginning of the evening when I would find myself learning more about him.

A/N: Sorry for the wait everyone! It's been a hectic week, so I hope you've enjoyed the update and expect more twists and turns to come along!