CH 17: Show down

Azrael's POV:

I held in a breath, the scenery going around and around me in a super-sonic mode. It became too much, to the point where I couldn't breathe. There were cheers, screaming, even clapping from the pack around us. Clearly, he was a favorite of the pack.

Why is it that no one informed me that he was fighting? Along with the fact that he was their number one champion, I thought Coco was? Maybe the female and male championships were different.

Holding my stance, I watched as Cornelius entered the arena, his form proud and full of power.

Xenon, my wolf, observed silently, watching through me from what was happening. I couldn't tear my eyes off him, my emotions feeling blank.

I didn't know what to feel towards him.

If I had hurt him... wouldn't Coco hate me more?

I don't want her to hate me, that's my biggest fear.

Blinking once, I came to a decision where I most likely will regret later on. Then again... I would do anything for her. I don't want to be rejected again.

Suddenly, a loud voice booms above. His voice was hoarse, as he waved his hands in the air to silence the large numbers of crowds. Hushed whispers soon fell, and then nothing. You could almost hear a pin drop, with the wind softly blowing.

It was Ouranos, the Alpha. By his side, Gaia, his Luna. Not so far away was their son, who was eagerly watching the scene before him.

His eyes sparkled, a toothy grin forming on his face.

Resisting the urge to smile, I shook it off and focused on the task before me.

"Once again, it is the time of year where our male wolves combat with one another. To prove who is best to be the next holder of a champion!"

The pack roared, the ground shaking from the amount of excitement that was in the air.

He held his hand up, silencing them once more. "We now have our old champion, Cornelius Orwell. And... our special guest, Azrael Ford. May the best male win, for their honor and dignity. BEGIN!"

The match was now closed, as I was his last competitor.

No one else could interfere with something that has begun.

It didn't matter anyways... I already decided who was going to win.

And it was going to be him.

Quick as lighting, Cornelius dashed for me. His fist aimed for my face, but I quickly dodged his attack, nearly getting punched in the process.

Not a second later, he used his other hand that had his claws out and aimed for my lower abdomen.

This time, I didn't move but took the blow. I doubled over in pain, blood quickly spurting out of my mouth from the impact. My eyes closing automatically from the pain, but I let it slide. He slashed me again across the chest and another on my arm.

He then used a leg and tripped me over, making me get straggled onto the ground.

Cornelius happily wrapped an arm around my neck, choking me. I was gasping for breath, trying to get free. It might have been time to let him win anyways.

If I let him win, Coco would be proud... wouldn't she?

She preferred him over me anyways.

I had to let go of my goal.

To win her heart.

All of a sudden, a low whisper got in my ear. Cornelius was dangerously close, his smile sinister. "I never thought you would be this weak. Honestly, I hoped you would put on a better fight but I guess not. Someone like you doesn't fit Coco anyways... you should give up."

He's right... I really don't belong with her.

"After I win, she and I will have a hardcore make-out session. There's nothing you can do about it... you don't think I notice the envy and jealously in your eyes?"

Black dots threatened my vision as his grip on me tightened.

"She's mine, Azrael. She doesn't want you, and she never-"

That did it. In a flash, I grew out my claws and dug it into his arms. He let out a shriek, quickly trying to wiggle me off.

I wouldn't let go, as a sudden force of Xenon, my wolf, helped me. My eyes were pitch black, anger coursing throughout my very being. A power I never knew that I had surged through me, shaking me to the core of my heart.

Now... it was my turn to show him that he fucked up.