CH 44 I'll stay by you

Coco's POV:

Everything was a blur.

A lie.

I was done and just as Mist noticed my suffering, she quickly shifted to not show a moment of weakness in front of two people who betrayed me. She snarled at them, angry for me while I watched behind the scenes.

I was numb to the world. It was funny how all I ever wanted in life was to be loved. I yearned for attention, to be touched with sincere feelings. How hard was it to ask the Moon goddess for a chance at happiness? I laughed pitifully, knowing my place. My first love was a fail and right after I opened my heart up for the second, I'm crushed instantly.

The amount of time, money, and love I've invested in this relationship was immeasurable. I lost a lot just to be with him. Regardless that he wasn't my mate. A relationship, is a relationship.

They like to preach about how much work they put into the two of you dating, when in reality, you're the one working your ass off. They like to gaslight you into thinking your insecurities are invalid and it's all your fault.

One stray tear fell from my face and then another. I dated the biggest asshole in the world and I didn't even realize it until now. How toxic he was for me. Sometimes, it is just difficult to leave toxic relationships.

I just want it to end.

What I found funny, was the fact that many people are not genuine with their feelings. They say I love you so easily yet their actions never measure up to their words. The people who you think would never hurt you, will indeed always hurt you the most.

In the end, while they're laughing and smiling, I am always the one crying and grieving over a lost relationship.

Immediately after that thought, my entire being started to ache.

Groaning, my body slumped to the side. Mist's movement's started to flatter as the force of the pain began to increase. Never in my life have I ever experienced this feeling but I knew what it was.

I was burning. My whole body felt like it was on fire as my wolf howled in pain and desperation. Mist shifted back to my human form, leaving me naked on the cold and wet ground. Letting out a shaky breath, I whimpered, "I'm in heat."

Azrael, who was in his wolf form had shifted back and looked at me in worry. He was naked just as I was. Being nude was quite common in the pack house. No one cared. His eyes were swirling with black as his wolf was tempted with the aroma I gave off. Nothing was more alluring than the smell of your mate in heat.

'Human, please. I can't take it anymore.' Mist whined, wanting to be marked.

Shaking my head, I protested back to her weakly. 'I can't, Mist. I'm not ready.'

She continued to whimper in agony, rolling around as I cut the link.

Without any warning, Azrael swooped me up into his arms. Faint sparks flew between us as I shivered at the touch of our mate. The contact between our skins exploded as I faintly heard Mist begging to let us be mated.

Fear grew within me as I looked up at him, my uncertainty growing.

He wouldn't, would he?

He must have knew what I was thinking, because he smiled back. "I won't do anything to you. I promise."

I nodded, leaning into him.

Swiftly and quietly as possible, Azrael stormed into his room and laid me gently into his bed before locking the door. He then slipped on some boxers and pants before grabbing one of his shirts for me. After grabbing a shirt, he put it on me.