CH 18: Win

Azrael's POV:

I was tired of rejection, the heartbreak, of everything.

Xenon, my wolf, clearly represented that. My aura turned dark, not once did it go back to being normal. Retracting my claws, I quickly jumped into the air and shifted. My mane, along with my blackish blue fur shined by the light.

Nothing mattered anymore.

A howl of rage escaped me, the blood from the wounds he gave me spilled, but it didn't bother me anymore.

Cornelius, who attempted to recover quickly shifted, limping away from me to give us distance. The crowd screams shook with excitement, pleased with how interesting the event turned to be.

He growled loudly at me, as I returned the favor.

Besides, I wasn't there anymore.

It was Xenon.

Without giving Cornelius any time to heal, we pounced on him. Our canines latched onto his shoulder, where he tried to dodge with but to no avail. We ripped a chuck of meat out, tossing it to the side.

Our claws grew to an extent and sliced him once more.

We were too blood thirsty, angry at him.

Angry at the world.

Only one thought passed through my mind, and that was Xenon's feelings.

'Kill him. Kill him. KILL. HIM.' He roared.

Gladly.

I raised my head, readying for the final blow to where his heart thumped loudly. Where his fucking existence needed to be erased.

Before I could, I'm tackled by none other than Coco.

We struggled beneath her, snarling and snapping our canines in rage. She had stopped us from ending him, why?! It was his fault for separating us! If she never met him, I'd have her in my arms right now!

Coco suddenly slapped my fluffy head to the side, her face red in anger.

"What the flying fuck is wrong with you, Azrael?! You almost killed him!"

I roared, still outraged. She seemed to sense that I was too gone to reason, too broken and tired. I was at a state where I couldn't be bargained with.

Her voice went low, eyes sad. "I know... I hurt you, but please... return to the Azrael I've come to know. You've won anyways... it's enough."

Silence echoed through the courtyard as I found peace of mind. Slowly shifting back, I diverted my gaze to the pathetic meat on the ground. He was laying in a pool of blood, his eyes black from losing. His anger was especially directed towards me, which satisfies me a little bit.

Soon after, Coco helped him up, not once looking in my direction.

Cheers then erupted in the air, the alpha showing pride in his eyes. Even though I almost killed his champion, it was how these events played. Once you signed up, you must know the consequences.

His voice boomed, loud and clear. "And the winner for this years championship is... AZRAEL FORD!"

More cheers came forth, but it didn't matter to me.

I still didn't get Coco... she went to Cornelius instead of me.

I had been rejected once again.

But that thought only crushed what remained of me even more.

I really am unloveable.