CH 20: Fever

The girl who Sierra had bumped in all those weeks ago, was none other than Nia Huens. The one who gave a badass comeback and shooed her off without a single glance.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I cautiously asked, "Nia, since when were you interested in Azrael?"

"Since the day he came to our school. He defended me when someone talked trash about me during the classroom, something ͏y͏o͏u and your stupid group don't do."

I was taken aback from her comment but refused to let her take Azrael. "Look, I don't care if you have some freakish crush on him, but he's my apprentice. He's still under my care, so I would appreciate it if you get your damn hands off him and stop acting like he's an object to own."

She glared at me, biting her inner cheek before caressing his muscled chest in a smooth manner.

'How dare she! I'm about to whip her fishy vagina so far-'

'Quiet. We have Cornelius.' I reminded her, cutting her off.

'Screw Cornelius. He was only there when he needed something, not when we needed him.' She barked back, walking towards the dark part of my head to observe.

I pursued my lips, not knowing what to say to her outburst. Drifting my attention back to Nia, I see her graze his cheek in a gentle movement before I cleared my throat loudly. She gets flustered, scrambling up and scurrying away.

I knew that wasn't the last I would see her again, especially if it's for Azrael.

A commotion of whispers was around me now, most agreeing to what Mela said. I ignored it, like I always did since day one.

Kneeling down besides Azrael, I gently lifted up his arm and carried him upstairs.

While everyone was staring at us in fascination or suspicion.

As I carried him upstairs, I was nearly tripping because of how buzzed I was. Along with the fact that he was-

'So fucking heavy...' Mist whines out of nowhere, covering her face with her paws as she attempted to give me some of her strength to help me up my worst nightmares.

Stairs.

I trudged up my calorie killer, panting for breath.

Once my foot landed on the top step, I wanted to collapse.  Thankfully, my determination didn't waver but I started to hesitate when I got near the clinic. Sweat started to gather on my forehead when I realized I didn't think of something.

Cornelius was in the damn infirmary, but shouldn't he be fine with me carrying Azrael in there for some treatment?

What if he gets mad?

Shit.

Making up my mind, I decided on a choice. Instead of taking Azrael to the infirmary, I carried him to where his room was. Plus, I was sorta curious of what it looked like. Maybe it changed from how it was all those years ago when he did to me all those many years ago.

Stumbling into his room, I flicked on the light.

My eyes sparkled as I took in the state of his room.

It. Was. Clean.

'He's changed, give him a chance.' Mist pleaded with me, purring.

'Just because his room is clean doesn't mean he changed.' I fired back, carrying him to his grey bed that was designed with multiple, but simple white lines.

'It happened years ago. Besides, he said sorry.' She reminded me, sounding weary.

'You don't think it hurt? You think a sorry can just fix a scar on the heart? No, the scar is there for a reason, no matter how much time passes.

Mist didn't say anything back, growing quiet.

Clicking my tongue, I was about to throw Azrael onto his bed, but saw that his wound still needed tending to. I slowed myself, placing him softly on the bed.

Casting one last glance at him, I skipped to the physician to get him some treatment.

***

"He has a fever?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, Miss Lee, he has a high fever. Over 103 ° degrees. It seems that the wound may played a part, but to me, he was pushing his body to its limit. Tell me, he had just won his first match today, correct?" He questioned me, eyes glinting in observation.

I hesitantly nodded, "Yes, he did."

"And ͏y͏o͏u trained him?"

"... yes."

"Then you're a poor trainer for not noticing his condition sooner. I heard about what happened between you and him, that you don't get along. However, no matter how much you hate a person, you're working with them. It doesn't change that fact, so do your job right." He scowled, packing up his things.

My shoulders slumped, feeling ashamed.

"Cool his forehead with a cold cloth. Do that occasionally, along with feeding him the soup and medicine I brought. Change his bandages everyday as well, when the blood seeps through or because it needs to be applied with ointment." He directed, standing by Azrael's door.

I curtly nodded, not paying mind to his next sentence.

"By the way... please change his clothing after you're done. His sweat will be sticking to his clothing, so I want him to be comfortable as possible."

And then he left.

I snapped my head to what he just said, not hearing what just slipped out of his mouth.

... Did he just say I have to change Azrael?!

A/N: I don't know what has gotten into me, but I feel like publishing chapters nearly everyday. I must be coming down with something. *starts dying*