CH 23: A Dark Swarm

Azrael's POV:

I watched her leave the room with that last sentence, taking my heavy heart with her. The bed I laid on seemed to float above with no ground, as my body wanted to crumble beneath my feet. My senses soon dulled, as the birds that chirped near my window no longer was heard.

It was that feeling where your chest felt like it was on the verge of collapsing, where you don't feel like you can no longer speak or move. It was a day where the forest was dark, the trees were sad, and the butterflies had broken wings.

My mind already knew that she was never going to forgive me, but my heart needed more time.

I know what I did was wrong, because I only stood there as I witnessed her fall. I saw her cry and weep for something, anything. Yet I did nothing but watch as a bystander. I may have picked her up, but I only watched her get knocked down over and over again.

I never caught her, because I only saw her fall first.

Sometimes I think... it's better to be all alone. Loneliness is what consumed me and dreaded me day and night, but yet... if fulfilled, no one can hurt you.

But it's a double edge sword where you hurt yourself back as you scream out with tears from watching the couple's of soulmates walk back and forth, hand and hand with smiles in their eyes as their hearts shine with happiness.

Envy fills your heart soon after, with the darkness not far behind as you fall further and further under the deepest parts of the ocean. Then you watch as everyone breathes while you sink, not being able to do anything as your body dissolved into nothingness.

In the end, it was my fault still.

And mine alone.

Why didn't I help her?

Why wasn't I strong enough?

Why was I so weak?

Why...

Why...

Why!

The thoughts swarmed over me, as Xenon roared out, 'STOP! You're going to speed up the proces-'

Before I could comprehend what happened next, my heart throbbed in pain. It shook, it raced faster and faster than it was supposed to. I could hear my wolf's whimpers and yips of agony.

Tears welled up in my eyes to know I was soon going to end up this way, my body trying to withstand the pain and not damage the wound Coco patches up earlier.

What felt like hours was only minutes before the torture ended. My heart slowed and patted as it used to. I took deep breaths, my claws retracting back to where it was supposed to be.

It was then I knew...

I didn't have much time left.

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter guys, but I felt that this needed to be a bit separate and shorter than the previous chapters!