CH 19: Celebration

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked, concern lacing through my voice.

We were in the infirmary while the pack set up a party for Azrael's victory. It put Cornelius in a sour mood since that would have been his party, instead of Azrael.

I didn't know what to feel with his win, honestly. I felt more proud than mad since I'm the one who trained him.

His head snapped to me, rage filling his eyes. "Does it look like I'm okay?! He whipped my damn ass, humiliated me, and probably took your heart as well!"

My eyes widened, shock filling me as I readjusted my position in my chair that was next to Cornelius bed. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be like that. Azrael didn't steal my heart, I promise. More like, he disappointed me. He touched you, Cornelius. I'm upset, not fascinated. Besides, you're the only one who'll be good for me." I voiced, lying.

Since when did I start deceiving my boyfriend?

What is with me today? Fuck.

Cornelius eyed me down, staring at me with suspicion but let it go.

Silence soon filled the room, enough to make me feel awkward. Leaning back, I played with strands of my hair until he felt like talking. I didn't upset him, did I?

A few moments later, his faint sigh of, "I'm sorry... I'm just upset that I lost to someone like him."

I let out a sound of relief, "It's okay... we all have our moments." I paused, curious of what happened before, "What just happened that made Azrael snap? You were so close to winning."

He looked away, a mutter of, "Nothing. I just let my guard down, that's all."

Shrugging, I drop the subject. By then, I could hear the music from down below. Some cheers, screams, and other strange sounds.

Cornelius must have noticed my yearning, because he mused, "You can go, you know. I'll be fine on my own, I mean... it's not like I'm dying or anything. It's not everyday where you have fun, plus... you're the one who trained him, so you deserve to celebrate as well."

I beamed at him, my pearly whites showing.

"Thanks babe. I'll make it up to you later," I bellowed, skipping out of the room and closing the door.

My heartbeat thumped gently, happiness spreading through my chest to congratulate my apprentice... along with...

Food.

I love food.

As my feet patted down the footsteps, the booming of the music overwhelmed me. From what I could see, many she-wolves were grinding on their mates, while there were some single wolves who stood to the sidelines, observing everything with little to no interest.

Must be because it's lonely to go to a party without your mate.

'Yeah, no shit Sherlock.' Mist growled, still sulking.

'Hey, can you stop being on your period for once? My god.' I replied unnervingly.

She snarled back at me, causing us to be in a middle of an argument. Not knowingly, I didn't notice the crowd of unmated she-wolves that surrounded my ex-mate.

That was until I heard lots of laughter around him that I turned my head.

Frowning, I muttered, 'He sure is enjoying himself, huh?'

'Yeah, and whose fault is that? He would have been enjoying himself between our leg-'

'And that's enough for today.' I automatically chirped, blocking the link between us.

Rubbing my temples, I walked over to the bar stand to have a drink. Many drinks, may I add. It didn't bother me that I was chugging one after another, just observing my mate have his way with the ladies.

I guess that means he has finally given up on me.

Wait, why do I even care?

I have Cornelius.

Finally having enough drinks, I stand away from the stool, wobbling a bit. I was a bit buzzed, but not enough to the point where I'll be drunk. Just a second from walking away to go back to Cornelius, a loud thud and the music suddenly stopping had me freeze.

Turning my head, I can see Azrael on the floor. His face dazed and flushed, while blood poured from his wounds that was received earlier today.

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets, as I sprinted over to where he was.

Why am I even worrying about him?

Fuck it, he's just a friend.

I thought as I moved through the crowds and through the herds of unmated she-wolves who just wanted to help him. As I reached closer to him, a girl, who I thought was cool, stopped me.

"Hey, screw off Coco. I had him first."

Not on my watch, bitch.