CH 22: Wounds

"I'm sorry, so sorry." He exclaimed in a weak voice, trying to comfort me.

"I-It's fine, honestly." I whispered, my face still red from the incident that happened moments ago. When I passed out, he tried to bolt out of bed to help me, causing his bandages to bleed again.

Mist, who was still active, awoke me and here we are now.

Azrael's blanket was covering his junk, a small tinted pink was on his cheeks. He was very embarrassed, trying to hide his naked self as he laid flat on the bed.

Along with his hard-on.

He was also still breathing heavily, as his fever was still there. Convincing myself that it wasn't about me in this moment, I inhaled a breath and picked up the cloth I dropped when I panicked. Reaching over to where he laid, I gently wiped the sweat off him.

Azrael's eyes that were just shut a few seconds ago opened up again, eyes wide.

"W-What are you doing?" He asked, still sounding tired with a hoarse throat.

"Cleaning the moisture off you. It'll feel more comfortable once you heal." I said, continuing my way down to his body. When I reached his sides, it jolted, making me smile slightly.

"You're ticklish?" I said in a teasing tone.

"Isn't ... everyone? That's not ... nice to laugh." He whined.

I didn't know why I suddenly felt playful, but I wanted to keep teasing him. Going lower and lower to wipe him, he started to shiver and tremble at my touch. Little sparks started to ignite, but it would have been fireworks if I didn't reject him.

Mist whimpered but kept observing from afar as I cleaned him.

When I was almost done, the last thing I had to do was clean his 'private part'. My eyes turned into my wolves since she was trying to take over and do the rest but I resisted. When I finally gained control I noticed there was a large mountain under the blanket he tried to hide his junk in.

"Stop staring, it's not polite to stare." He mumbled, trying to cover up.

I laughed loudly, "Really, care to explain the tension beneath those blankets then?"

"... That's because it's you. It's always you."

My head peeked up at that, my smile vanishing off my face.

A silence rose up between us, as I skipped over cleaning down there and started to dress his bandages. I was wrapping the bandage around, making sure to apply the medicine beforehand. He winced when I was going over the wound but didn't say anything else.

Soon, I asked him, "Are you hungry?"

He curtly nods, not saying anything as I grabbed the bowl of soup and blew on it. It became warm, my hand holding the soup spoon as I reached over to his mouth. He opened up, slurping it up in a joyful manner.

Despite that I rejected him, he seemed very happy that I was taking care of him.

Frowning slightly, I couldn't help but see that he kept smiling with a small blush on his cheeks. It was weird seeing an overly grown boy who was filled out with muscles, was grinning ear to ear, drinking soup from the spoon I fed him.

After he finished the soup, I fed him medicine.

He made a sour face at the flavor, which I scowled him that it would make him feel better.

I'm putting the supplies away when he suddenly brings up, "Why are you taking care of me?"

I froze, not looking at him. "I felt like I was responsible for what happened to you. I pushed you too far, to the point where your physical capacity couldn't keep up with your mental. It's my fault that you're hurting right now, so I'm trying to atone for it."

I hear him inhale a breath in and out, "But it wasn't your fault... I just wanted to impress you if I won, which I did. I wanted to show you that I was worthy to be by your side... as your mate."

My heart clenched at his words.

Mist was begging me, pleading for me to forgive him.

I couldn't though.

I had to remind myself that I was an unbelievably fake person underneath how I looked currently. No one remembers who I used to look like.

Only him.

Azrael.

"When will you forgive me...?" he voiced, his eyes penetrating the back of my head.

"Forgiving someone is simple, Azrael. However, trusting you again is a different story. It isn't easy when you're still hurting. They said time can heal all sorts of wounds, but does it really? They remain there, as the mind protects its sanity using scar tissues to lessen the pain. They don't leave though because they're there to remind you why they were there in the first place. So tell me, when should I forgive you?" I asked, trailing my eyes back to him in question before walking out the door.

A/N: So... I wonder what Azrael did to Coco to make her hate him. 🤔 Any guesses?