CH 5: Rejection says it all

"Azrael, you dumb fuck! You gave me a heart attack!" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air in exasperation.

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry, but I really didn't think of any other way of talking to you. Plus, we have some matters we need to discuss. It's urgent and needs to be dealt with immediately."

I groaned, feeling unwilling to do so.

"It's about us being... mates, isn't it?" I asked, biting my lip.

He nods, crossing his arms. Before he could ask a question, I hold up my forefinger, needing to address something.

Azrael frowns, "What is it?"

"I can't feel the sparks from you because you're wearing gloves, right? When you touched me, I couldn't feel them at all."

"Yes, I wanted to make sure I left no fingerprints or evidence that we were here. Luckily, you touched nothing so we should be fine." he replied earnestly.

I looked down, not knowing what to say. He has changed, really, he has. I misjudged him, but for something I'm going to do next will be likely to hurt him.

Mist yelped, snarling and growling at me, 'No! Don't you dare, Coco! We share the same mate, think about it! Don't do this to me, please!'

Closing my eyes, I cut off our link.

Tilting my head back up, I meet his loving eyes who were patiently waiting for my answers.

This is going to hurt.

"I, Coco Lee reject Azrael Ford as my future beta mate and the father of my future pups."

Pain emerged from my body, sizzling the bond and burning it. It left like I couldn't breathe, my chest feeling a heavy weight.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I could take breaths of air into my desperate lungs. Breathing for minutes on end, I see Azrael standing in shock. His eyes were switching from black to his grey eyes, as if his wolf was struggling for control.

It did, because the next thing I knew, I'm being pressed against the wall by an angry wolf.

Flabbergasted, I stay still. Not knowing what he had intended to do to me. His muscled arms trapping me not in a corner, but just by a wall.

I gulped, my bravery slipping away.

"Azrael..." I whispered.

'Not... Azrael. I am Xenon, his wolf.' He growled.

Observing his eyes, I noticed that they were totally black. His wolf had taken complete control and won't go back into hiding until he got what he wanted. Azrael was still there, but just seeing from far away into his mind.

'You rejected us! Why?!' He snarled in anger, but then it vanished and was replaced with immense sadness that wouldn't erase.

His neck was bent down in submission as he grit his teeth.

My body trembled from guilt, "I-I had to. We had a difficult past and I can't forgive you for it. Even though your different now... I-it's just too complicated. Plus, you came out of nowhere into my life. Don't you see how perfect it is already? I don't need a mate to ruin it! Like it or not, accept the rejection!"

Snapping his head back up, he growled louder, 'No! We refuse to accept it. The rejection won't succeed until I accept it!'

My eyes widened, "No, are you crazy?! That will kill you slowly!"

He stood up, releasing me from his prison arms, 'Then so be it, I will wait until you accept us. I do not care that we had a complicated past. We are sorry for what we did back then, but we have reasons. If you just listen to us explain, maybe it will fix things.'

I angrily flashed my fangs, "Again, NO! Whatever excuse you had, it didn't excuse what you did to me!"

Silence filled our shouting, until Azrael's wolf, Xenon, broke it. 'Who is he to you? The one from this morning.' He asked.

I rubbed my arm, feeling unnerved. "His name is Cornelius. He's been my boyfriend for a year already, almost a year. To answer your question, I love him. That's who he is to me, so I would appreciate it if you left us alone."

Xenon shook his head in Azrael's form, 'Fine, if it'll help with our relationship.'

His eyes were still filled with so much anger and desperation, along with sadness. It seemed like he wanted to protest but he didn't.

"Relationship? What relationship? There is nothing between us!" I defended.

He shakes his head in disagreement, 'There is a relationship. We'll be living in the pack-house now, so you'll see us everyday. You'll probably be assigned to showing us around since you're the betas daughter.'

I clenched my fists, "What's your point? That we need to be getting along?"

'Yes, we have no choice to. If not, your alpha will scowl you for being mean with his friends son, don't you agree?' He suggested, a sly smile on his face.

Furrowing my eyes, I seethed out, "You're threatening me, aren't you?"

'Of course not. We're just getting even.' He remarked.

I brushed my hair to the side, knowing he was right. I didn't need my mother or even the alpha getting on my back just because of our history. We even had a pack meeting yesterday of how important his special guest, Azrael was.

Sighing, I agree. "Fine, see you tonight then." I said, walking out and about to touch the handle of the door.

I'm then suddenly grabbed from behind.

Before I could protest, I'm turned around and soft lips are planted onto mine.